FA Cup QF - Newcastle (A) - Sat 21 Mar 7pm

Can anyone suggest a good place to park and get a hotel room with public transport or taxi access to and from the stadium?

Can anyone suggest a good place to park and get a hotel room with public transport or taxi access to and from the stadium?
The Village Hotel isn’t bad .
A bit out but well served by public transport . Loads of car parking and a decent pool . Ive got in at The Holiday Inn in Jesmond , about a 30 minute walk .
In town, hotels with parking are at a premium . Only one I can think of is Royal Station hotel and even that is pay and display .

I completely agree. Short notice change of dates and KO times, inconvenient KO times for many (home & away), VAR, dodgy refereeing, unnecessary (and non-sensical) rule changes, the list goes on. The game has changed over the past few seasons and generally not for the better. The PL won't give a stuff about it right now as in their eyes 'the brand' has been strengthened by one of their golden boys winning it after 30 years, bringing to an end City's recent domination. Mission accomplished and integrity doesn't appear to be part of their vocabulary. Blinkered vision though - as you say, fans have already started to vote with their feet.

What was brought home to me the other day is that these people don’t even like or care about the beautiful game whereas people like ourselves have lived and breathed it since we were young children.

Anyway, life goes on now without that passion for the game. I was deeply angry and bitter about it but now I just treat it for what it is: a sham that still has its moments of skill and vision. Sigh...

I was a Lendl man myself thought he was cool as fuck, wore his famous Adidas tennis top til it had holes in it. Becker’s such a character though, absolute legend of a man.

Ivan Lendl. A champion who missed out on Wimbledon. I felt his pain. As for the clobber: I loved it, especially Sergio Tacchini and Fila. Alas, my dear Mum couldn’t afford their prices so it was Puma, Nike and Adidas.

What was brought home to me the other day is that these people don’t even like or care about the beautiful game whereas people like ourselves have lived and breathed it since we were young children.

Anyway, life goes on now without that passion for the game. I was deeply angry and bitter about it but now I just treat it for what it is: a sham that still has its moments of skill and vision. Sigh...

I completely agree. Short notice change of dates and KO times, inconvenient KO times for many (home & away), VAR, dodgy refereeing, unnecessary (and non-sensical) rule changes, the list goes on. The game has changed over the past few seasons and generally not for the better. The PL won't give a stuff about it right now as in their eyes 'the brand' has been strengthened by one of their golden boys winning it after 30 years, bringing to an end City's recent domination. Mission accomplished and integrity doesn't appear to be part of their vocabulary. Blinkered vision though - as you say, fans have already started to vote with their feet.

PS. Got a bit of a soft spot for Carlisle. A friend who was from Wigton and studying here took me up there for a few beers. Some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met as well as mental.

Is it indicative of the average age of our away support (those who post on Bluemoon at least) that a Saturday evening kick off is met with a chorus of disapproval despite it being an absolutely fucking perfect kick off time to facilitate a good day out on the piss ?

To me it seems infinitely preferable to having to drag yourself out of bed at 7am on a Saturday to get to a lunchtime kick off
Spot on.

Saturday at 17:30 or later are the absolute ideal times for me and the group of lads we go with for football games.

By far my favourite day and time of day.

Don’t have to be up at the crack of dawn, don’t have to rush about like a **** early doors, can take your time getting ready and going on the piss for the day, get to the game and even get back home early enough for a night out in Manchester or a decent stay-over in Newcastle.

Sod 12:30 or Sunday games!

People are too bothered about missing Ant&Dec or whatever talent/gameshow they’re going to miss on Saturday night television.

Spot on.

Saturday at 17:30 or later are the absolute ideal times for me and the group of lads we go with for football games.

By far my favourite day and time of day.

Don’t have to be up at the crack of dawn, don’t have to rush about like a **** early doors, can take your time getting ready and going on the piss for the day, get to the game and even get back home early enough for a night out in Manchester or a decent stay-over in Newcastle.

Sod 12:30 or Sunday games!

People are too bothered about missing Ant&Dec or whatever talent/gameshow they’re going to miss on Saturday night television.
Get back to Manchester for a night out after the game ? You either drive too fast or stay up later than you should ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.