FA Cup QF - Newcastle (A) - Sat 21 Mar 7pm

This and Madrid home game in the same week is the stuff of Dreams please don't spoil it Corona

Can’t see it going ahead.

One of the biggest problems facing the PL is that City, Arsenal, Sheffield United and Villa have played one fewer game than the rest. If the season is curtailed it makes it difficult for the PL to simply decide that the current standings will be the final ones for the season. Not so much because of City, there’s no chance that Liverpool will be deprived of the title. But Sheffield are in the mix for a europa league spot, Villa in the relegation spots. How will they sort that out?

My guess is that the season will be curtailed fairly soon, but with special provisions to allow the two outstanding fixtures to eventually take place behind closed doors so that all teams end up playing the same number of games. That would become much more difficult to achieve if the next round of the fa cup goes ahead and 4 Pl games are played.

When do City Matters let us know that there are no refunds for tickets purchased for games that are then cancelled?

The Village Hotel isn’t bad .
A bit out but well served by public transport . Loads of car parking and a decent pool . Ive got in at The Holiday Inn in Jesmond , about a 30 minute walk .
In town, hotels with parking are at a premium . Only one I can think of is Royal Station hotel and even that is pay and display .
The
Can anyone suggest a good place to park and get a hotel room with public transport or taxi access to and from the stadium?
Can anyone suggest a good place to park and get a hotel room with public transport or taxi access to and from the stadium?
Newcastle Central travelodge near the river has parking, its not free but not expensive there's a Wetherspoons nearby overlooking the river, stayed there a couple of times

Can’t see it going ahead.

One of the biggest problems facing the PL is that City, Arsenal, Sheffield United and Villa have played one fewer game than the rest. If the season is curtailed it makes it difficult for the PL to simply decide that the current standings will be the final ones for the season. Not so much because of City, there’s no chance that Liverpool will be deprived of the title. But Sheffield are in the mix for a europa league spot, Villa in the relegation spots. How will they sort that out?

My guess is that the season will be curtailed fairly soon, but with special provisions to allow the two outstanding fixtures to eventually take place behind closed doors so that all teams end up playing the same number of games. That would become much more difficult to achieve if the next round of the fa cup goes ahead and 4 Pl games are played.

Don't you think they'll just play the games behind closed doors because of the TV deals? Also surely clubs wouldn't just accept losing millions by being relegated when the season hasn't properly finished and court action could come into it? I reckon even now there is zero chance of the Euros being this year so there could be scope for extending some seasons around Europe. It's going to be a complete mess whatever they do by the looks of it.

Don't you think they'll just play the games behind closed doors because of the TV deals? Also surely clubs wouldn't just accept losing millions by being relegated when the season hasn't properly finished and court action could come into it? I reckon even now there is zero chance of the Euros being this year so there could be scope for extending some seasons around Europe. It's going to be a complete mess whatever they do by the looks of it.
I think they’ll try to play games behind closed doors, but that isn’t going to work if games are cancelled in similar circumstances to the arsenal game. Eventually there will be players or staff at most clubs who have had contact with someone who subsequently tests positive.

not sure if clubs will be able to win a court action in such unusual circumstances but I’m sure some will try.

I agree that there’s no chance of the Euros going ahead. Could they be rescheduled for next year?

I think they’ll try to play games behind closed doors, but that isn’t going to work if games are cancelled in similar circumstances to the arsenal game. Eventually there will be players or staff at most clubs who have had contact with someone who subsequently tests positive.

not sure if clubs will be able to win a court action in such unusual circumstances but I’m sure some will try.

I agree that there’s no chance of the Euros going ahead. Could they be rescheduled for next year?

Yeah I think that is probably what will happen with the Euros

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.