FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A rare away trip for me, Bristol City were my mum’s team. I’ll be staying over and meeting up with my Uncle who is a Rovers fan.

Think my favourite memory of Bristol City is them selling Ralph Milne to the other lot
No idea how the quote from Villa- Arsenal got in there

OK, I'll spell it out. They're England fans. They have the Three Lions crest on their pub. When England play, we are expected to join up with people that actively despise us and everything we're about. I think that there was a time when everyone got behind the national team and put club differences to one side, but not now. Not after the shit that's been flung at us for 15 years.

Thanks but you didn’t need to spell it out. I understood what you said first time. I just find it a bit odd that you would actively want the England team to lose because a little bar in Bristol named 3 Lions are having a bit of fun at City’s expense.

Also not sure which era you’re talking about when club rivalries were all put aside on England trips but it wasn’t anytime since the 1880s in my experience.

Thanks but you didn’t need to spell it out. I understood what you said first time. I just find it a bit odd that you would actively want the England team to lose because a little bar in Bristol named 3 Lions are having a bit of fun at City’s expense.

Also not sure which era you’re talking about when club rivalries were all put aside on England trips but it wasn’t anytime since the 1880s in my experience.
You must be getting on a bit to have been around since the 1880s. There is no doubt that people in the 1950s and 1960s cared less about club rivalries when it came to England.

I wouldn't say a banner calling us "c**ts" is "having fun". No wit, no imagination, just hate-filled bile that stokes hatred between supporters. In isolation, that banner doesn't turn me off England, but it is symptomatic of a wide and growing trend in this country whereby anyone with a mouth can have a pop at us, irrespective of whether or not they know the facts. My ultimate loyalty is towards City. When enough people sling shit at my club, it is natural to be turned off anything that unifies them.

Hello from a Bristol City fan in peace.

Ahead of our forthcoming FA cup game on 28/2 I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, memories of past games, players such as Gerry Gow who represented both clubs, tales from when we met in Carabao Cup in 2018, a fans view on your season, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game under the lights at Ashton Gate.
Gerry Gow - what a great buy from us. Had the best attitude - will to win at a time when i felt we were petals on the pitch. Gerry and Bobby McDonald were probably my two fave buys. Very shrewd.
Always had a soft spot for BCFC ever since

Ahead of our forthcoming FA cup game on 28/2 I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, memories of past games, players such as Gerry Gow who represented both clubs, tales from when we met in Carabao Cup in 2018, a fans view on your season, etc, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game under the lights at Ashton Gate.
I think Bristol City brought an end to one of our longest runs without defeat in the late 70s. Cant remember the year but we lost 1-0 at Ashton Gate.

I think Bristol City brought an end to one of our longest runs without defeat in the late 70s. Cant remember the year but we lost 1-0 at Ashton Gate.
Think it was 76/77 under Tony Book, finished the season runners up to dippers. May have got 2 seasons mixed up though

I spent three glorious years in Bristol - Redland College, long since gone, and I did a teaching practice at Ashton Gate Primary, and Ashton Park Comp. I only saw City once in the three years at Ashton Gate, and naturally we lost that one, and sadly the third year coincided with our '68 title so I saw very little City footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.