FA Cup R5 | Bristol City (A) | Tue 28 Feb 20:00 | - Pre Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Penrice went back to them when we had them in 1998-99, I know it is the other club, he was a rising star a decade earlier when they played their home games in Bath, there was a feature on him and City on the same show, not sure if Saint and Greavsie or what the BBC had, but I videoed it and I think it was just after. Probably a prelude to the FA Cup QF v Liverpool in 88.
Penrice was Rovers

Think it was 76/77 under Tony Book, finished the season runners up to dippers. May have got 2 seasons mixed up though
Pipped by a point.. chatted with Peter Barnes at a match last season re this. He still can't get over it he says - should have won the league, didn't we draw at home to Derby or something and let the dippers edge it

See my post a couple of pages back, ref the losses we suffered during that particular season.
Agreed, really blew it. Would have changed a lot. Kept the better players, invested, who know a european cup..when it was a proper cup!

Agreed Big mal's second stint utter madness..Barnes and Owen out, we ended up with McKenzie crazy sht
And you can add Big Dave Watson ,Asa Hartford and Willie Donachie to that list.
He ripped the heart out of that great City side of the late 70s,instead of replacing them over 2/3 seasons.
His policies, backed up by Swales set City back for years,we only recovered when we were taken over in 2008.

And you can add Big Dave Watson ,Asa Hartford and Willie Donachie to that list.
He ripped the heart out of that great City side of the late 70s,instead of replacing them over 2/3 seasons.
His policies, backed up by Swales set City back for years,we only recovered when we were taken over in 2008.
Wholeheartedly agree, seeing Tony B's expression when in the dug out, WTF is he doing?, we need an end named after Tony. He captained our league winning team pissibly full of head strong characters, Lee for example. He was an excellent manager when you look back..juventus game for one... nearly won us the league against a team backed by 1000's of pounds of dirty gambling money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.