FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope (and expect) this is as strong a team as possible, fitness allowing. Find it bizarre some of the comments for wholesale changes, it's a semi final 5 days before our next game and brings only 1 more game if we win, which is a week after the final league game and unfortunately we wont be in the final a week after that!

Obviously any who genuinely need resting due to the quick turnaround from weds, you rest.... but absolutely pick the strongest team from those available.

I hope to see something like this - giving KDB a breather as he looked the most in need Wednesday.

Ortega (I'd play Ederson)
Walker Stones Dias Ake
Rodri Kovacic
Foden
Bernardo Haaland Grealish
Judging by how knackered Rodri looked on Wednesday I just can’t see him being fit enough to play.

if we sent this line-up out there would be 37k Blues who travelled down to London not amused.

They wouldn't be amused if things in the league went south due to fatigue and Liverpool/Arsenal won it.

Pep should field a good side *and* rest some players. The league is far more important now. To win 4 titles in a row is great in itself.

I think the likes of Nunes and Bobb are good enough to do a job for say 60 minutes vs Chelsea.

They wouldn't be amused if things in the league went south due to fatigue and Liverpool/Arsenal won it.

Pep should field a good side *and* rest some players. The league is far more important now. To win 4 titles in a row is great in itself.

I think the likes of Nunes and Bobb are good enough to do a job for say 60 minutes vs Chelsea.

This.

What has let Arteta down this season is him not trusting his squad and it's backfiring at the moment because they look tired.

Pep will rotate heavily, trust in his squad and know ultimately that whilst winning this game is important, the Brighton game is the bigger tie.

We can't play the likes of Rodri and co after 120 mins the other day and expect them to play full tilt here and full tilts against Brighton away.

Brighton are going into that game with nearly 2 weeks rest as well.

Christ on a bike - if we sent this line-up out there would be 37k Blues who travelled down to London not amused.
Most of them would have been well aware, or should have been by looking at the fixture list,we would have a weakened team for the semi final.

Wonder how many on here asking for a ‘B’ team to be picked or rest loads aren’t going tomorrow.

Pep will pick a strong side and we will have enough to beat them.

Ortega
Walker
Stones
Gvardiol
Ake
Kovacic
Foden
Nunes
Bobb
Doku
Alvarez.
I think that’s a good balance of good team and resting some players for the league. I think maybe Lewis for Walker (given 120 mins after a muscle strain) and maybe squeeze Jack in somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.