FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see us winning this game.

Pep has an appalling record against the so called top six clubs in semi finals with defeats to Arsenal in 2017 and 2020, Chelsea in 2021 and Dips in 2022.

Podge has a decent record against Pep in knock out competitions.

We have struggled against Chelsea this season and Podge has set them up to disrupt our control.

Our players will be exhausted after Wednesday so I expect a B team with the game against Brighton the priority.

Also, I expect Palmer and Sterling will have a point to prove.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m really struggling for optimism for this one.
What an absolute fanny.

The ridiculously short turn around after the Champions League make this incredibly difficult. We should still be able to put together a formidable side but we need to deal with Chelsea better than the previous two meetings. We allowed them to counter too easily. It would be great to finally get a win against them this season.

We really need a few more players to contribute goals, the likes of Doku, Grealish, Bernardo, Bobb even Nunes need to start scoring. We’re relying on Foden, Haaland, Alvarez and Rodri too much.
No reason we couldn’t have played Sunday, outside of wanting to fuck us up.

Pochettino is the most overrated manager in world football.
Hope we fucking smash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.