FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see us winning this game.

Pep has an appalling record against the so called top six clubs in semi finals with defeats to Arsenal in 2017 and 2020, Chelsea in 2021 and Dips in 2022.

Podge has a decent record against Pep in knock out competitions.

We have struggled against Chelsea this season and Podge has set them up to disrupt our control.

Our players will be exhausted after Wednesday so I expect a B team with the game against Brighton the priority.

Also, I expect Palmer and Sterling will have a point to prove.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m really struggling for optimism for this one.
Bleedin‘ ‘ell and that’s swearing.
Let’s have a bit of positivity for the Blues and as you say let’s hope you’re wrong. One huge thing we have going for us that they haven’t is we are a ‘team‘ and have team spirit. Those shenanigans at the penalty, Chelsea v Everton, showed that. It counts for a lot of things.

The ridiculously short turn around after the Champions League make this incredibly difficult. We should still be able to put together a formidable side but we need to deal with Chelsea better than the previous two meetings. We allowed them to counter too easily. It would be great to finally get a win against them this season.

We really need a few more players to contribute goals, the likes of Doku, Grealish, Bernardo, Bobb even Nunes need to start scoring. We’re relying on Foden, Haaland, Alvarez and Rodri too much.
To be fair to Bernardo, he has 11 this season across all comps ... but take your point.
33 chances v Real for 1 goal ... and at one point in the Luton game the shot count was 26-0 and all we had to show for it was an own goal ... means we must be one of the most profligate teams in world football.

We all know that and I for one get what you meant. I was at the game shouting, singing and giving everything I had the same as the players. They couldn't have given anymore. A bit of bad luck and two shit penalties saw us out. It happens.
The same poster jumped on me, he tends to get a tad over emotional at any perceived criticism or negativity.
I mentioned a frank discussion when they meet up. Absolutely there will be. There are tired bodies and minds out there at the moment. He needs 100% honesty as to who feels they can go out at Wembley and do it all again. We've seen Peps intense chats to the team. That's all I meant, but I guess if you look for negativity in posts you'll find it.
Well not "everyone knew" cos I didn't. Why would anyone not be 100% honest with Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.