FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the line up we need to score early and control the game, The fear is the legs going after 60 minutes and with little to nothing in attacking players on the bench to try and win the game,

This game can not go to extra time or pens with big games coming up in the premier league,
I said before the Madrid game that win one of the three on offer and I would be happy this season, So losing today only strengthens the title push or win and lets see
I think the greater concern is that we start sluggishly like we did against Liverpool two years ago. I’ll be happy if we don’t concede in the first 15 mins. Dominate from 15-60 mins and then bring on fresh legs

Think we played Chelsea after the euphoria of last season’s win against Real Madrid. Different circumstances and test today. Wounded beast, I hope.

The person saying it is a known kev hater , i think he has changed his username but posts the same crap
If Haaland and Kev were saying they had issues/couldnt run anymore then its obviously for the benefit of the team to say so.

I dont need people like Jamie O’Hara, Darren Bent or any of the other incredibly mediocre ex footballers on talksport who never got anywhere near that level of football to spout off about it

Because he’s shattered & not at his best. Why risk the prem league for a semi final ?

If rodders gets injured or form drops off for prem games we could lose it all
Good job you weren’t in charge last year! Try to win as much as we can whilst we’ve got one of the best teams in the world. If we come up short go again next season, it’s not the end of the world. Strong team as it should be in an FA Cup Semi final. Another chance to have an amazing day by beating that shower again in the final (assuming they scrape past Coventry).

If Haaland and Kev were saying they had issues/couldnt run anymore then its obviously for the benefit of the team to say so.

I dont need people like Jamie O’Hara, Darren Bent or any of the other incredibly mediocre ex footballers on talksport who never got anywhere near that level of football to spout off about it
Agreed

Nathan back in is a huge boost. All things considered, if everyone's totally fit, that's our strongest defence, with the arguable exception of Ed in goal — and even that's a moot point. Got a good feeling about this.
We did not play badly on Wednesday. We should have finished better, but other than that no complaints. Pep was right to thank the team and not dwell on it. When you've got the likes of Real Madrid playing a low block for all the second half and all of extra time, you know that the whole of Europe fears us.
Now do it, blue boys.

for the third time this season, Pep makes the same mistake against Chelsea, he plays without a real CMFnext to Rodri, thereby leaving Rodri in the wind to fight alone against fast and physically strong Chelsea offensive players. I'm afraid we have a basketball game again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.