FA Cup Semi-Final | City v Chelsea | Sat 20 Apr 5:15pm SOLD OUT

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just goes to show that there is no ‘right’ time for a kick off. People hang on to the 3pm Saturday as if it is sacred. But it’s about nothing more than tradition. The actual reason it became the default time has long since been overtaken by changes in lifestyle and working hours.

Many people prefer an early kick off, to open up the rest of the day. Others prefer a late kick so they can get stuff done beforehand.

They’ll be hundreds of posts on here in the next couple of days moaning about the kick off time of the semi, no matter what time it is.

Not that a bit of moaning particularly bothers me. We all want what suits us personally to happen.

It’s when people start declaring what the kick off time “should be” as if they speak for all fans, that slightly irks me.
Can't please everybody and never will do. Me personally would prefer Saturday or early as possible Sunday reason being I take my grandson who's got school early on a Monday morning. I drive so no concerns about transport. CTID

I wish they’d hurry up and arrange this semi final date so the fucking train drivers can arrange their strike day to fuck us over
Cut them some slack there are two games they have to sort, one of which has to be played Saturday. It’s really difficult for them to sort as BBC needs to work around Songs of Praise and ITV won’t want to move their documentary about Katie Price avoiding prison. 85k people aren’t their priority as they have to agree with the caterers what is best time to serve oysters and champagne each day.

I wish they’d hurry up and arrange this semi final date so the fucking train drivers can arrange their strike day to fuck us over
The dates of last year’s SF when one game had to be played on Sunday meaning the other could only be on Saturday still weren’t officially confirmed until the Thursday or Friday after the draw.
Based on that there’s little chance of any news in the next day or two this time round when there are actual decisions to be made.

The dates of last year’s SF when one game had to be played on Sunday meaning the other could only be on Saturday still weren’t officially confirmed until the Thursday or Friday after the draw.
Based on that there’s little chance of any news in the next day or two this time round when there are actual decisions to be made.

The biggest hurdle these days seems to be the kick off times, rather than the dates.

I think TV push for as late as possible. While police, clubs etc. probably try to negotiate it down to a bit earlier.

The biggest hurdle these days seems to be the kick off times, rather than the dates.

I think TV push for as late as possible. While police, clubs etc. probably try to negotiate it down to a bit earlier.
Even if they announced the day with the time to be confirmed in a few days would be helpful for many

The kickoff times issue is definitely correct especially when terrestrial TV is involved. Their theory (no idea whether there’s any substance behind it) is that the audience for a 5:30pm kick off is a lot more likely to stick with that channel for the rest of the evening than if the game is earlier in the day.
BBC and ITV were allegedly both really pissed off about last season’s final being at 3:00pm but due to the circumstances couldn’t say so publicly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.