FA Cup Semi Final | Coventry City v United

Caught Casemiro smiling to himself during Ten Fraud's pre-shootout teamtalk. Maybe he shot his penalty that way on purpose.

Another nail in the coffin for VAR, surely? It has succeeded in completely sucking the joy out of football and there’s a real chance it’ll never come back. Well done all you pundits and journalists out there, through your constant sniping, bringing in this behemoth, that‘s killed the game that we love.
How many more times will I have to say this. Killjoys. Can you imagine the sheer joy those Coventry fans felt when the lad scored that? Only for it to be ruled out by inches, bloody inches. Not like it’s a half a yard or so. Completely killed the game, as you say.

It's strange , I ignored the whole game until about half an hour ago when I had this feeling that something extraordinary had happened..I really can't explain it...now I just log in and this ...

Another nail in the coffin for VAR, surely? It has succeeded in completely sucking the joy out of football and there’s a real chance it’ll never come back. Well done all you pundits and journalists out there, through your constant sniping, bringing in this behemoth, that‘s killed the game that we love.

As said before by myself and many others, our Aguero moment just wouldn't have been anything like the euphoric outpouring it was at the time now. It really is sucking all the joy out of the game we love(d). Twunts.

Not sure why you've nailed your flag to the mast with this for some reason.

“The frame-rate and resolution of the cameras used in VAR sometimes does not keep pace with the fast movements, meaning that sometimes the player or the ball is blurred.

“So, the viewer has to use their own judgement to extrapolate where the players were at the moment the ball was kicked, which affects whether it is offside or not.

“My research found that the ball was kicked 132 milliseconds earlier than the participants perceived, which doesn’t sound like much, but in a fast-paced game it could be long enough for the players to be in a different location and therefore could potentially change the outcomes of offside.

“This goes to show that whilst VAR is useful to spot obvious errors, it shouldn’t be relied upon completely to make referee decisions.”

He's won awards in digital imagery btw, he knows what he is talking about.
This would be an issue even if the distortion was lower. That’s because the VAR still has to choose the reference frame, which is open to both manipulation and simply human error.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.