FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

Thanks Dave, thanks Marvin, this is all really helpful and kind - really appreciate how friendly everyone is, unfortunately we were victims of some not very nice trolls on other forums.

Incase of interest, are story was highlighted in a local paper and can be viewed here - https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/17517820.familys-1200-mile-fa-cup-journey-in-search-for-victory/ - Please ignore the troll at the bottom !
That's a great story. You've done very well for your boys.

Might be worth knowing for some - Chiltern Railways do an adult and child return (Family Ticket) from Warwick Parkway which is easy to drive to and park at for £25 return. Change at Banbury (5 min wait). It’s about 1 hr 30 total.

Thanks Marvin and to everyone else who has offered advice and support - slightly overwhelmed by all the kind generosity,really appreciated.

The problem withyou argument is how do you know they haven't put them on the ticket exchange.
But even if season ticket holders put them on the exchange they would struggle to sell at that price.

Empty seats nearly always come back to price.
I shelled out nearly 60 notes for a Spurs ticket. Ludicrous amount. I must be mad!

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate all the advice.

As an aside, I have fond memories of your club from when we (Colchester United) played you in the old division 3 back in 1999 (I appreciate this may not be fond memories for yourselves) I think the game at our place was actually PPV ! what I always remember was that somehow we had a random Brazilian making his debut for us (whose name escapes me) however, he is still the first and probably the last Brazilian that will ever play for Colchester United !

Anyway, after a dazzling display for the first 20 mins, I think it was your defender Andy Morrison who promptly identified this threat and addressed the issue with a robust challenge which resulted in our Brazilian being stretchered off & leaving the ground in a St Johns Ambulance and he was never seen again !

Colchester 0-1 Manchester City
Shaun Goater (55')
Saturday 20th March 1999
Attendance: 6,554

Debut: Fumaca
Final Game: Warren Aspinall (1st Spell), Fumaca, Mark Sale

TV: Sky pay-per-view (Live)

Colchester Utd
1. Carl Emberson
2. Joe Dunne
3. Karl Duguid
4. Stephane Pounewatchy
5. David Greene
6. Paul Buckle
7. Warren Aspinall
8. David Gregory
9. Jason Dozzell
10. Neil Gregory
11. Fumaca

Sub(s):
12. Mark Sale - replaced Fumaca 16 mins
13. Scott Stamps - replaced Mark Sale 65 mins
14. Geraint Williams - unused

Mick Wadsworth - Manager

Manchester City
1. Nicky Weaver
2. Lee Crooks
3. Richard Edghill
4. Gerard Wiekens
5. Andy Morrison
6. Tony Vaughan
7. Michael Brown
8. Ian Bishop
9. Gareth Taylor
10. Shaun Goater
11. Terry Cooke

Sub(s):
12. Jeff Whitley - replaced Terry Cooke 78 mins
13. Paul Dickov - unused
14. Danny Allsopp - unused

Joe Royle - Manager

Fumaca
Previous clubs: Catunese (Bra), Barnsley, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United

Clubs played for after leaving Colchester: Turkiyemspor Berlin (GER), SC Paderborn 07 (GER), SV Wilhelmshaven (GER), America Football Club (BRA), Sociedade Esportiva e Recreativa Caxias do Sul (BRA), FK Drnovice (CZE)

Full Name: Jose Rodriguez Alves Antunes Fumaca
Place of Birth: Belem, Para (BRA)
Nationality: Brazilian
Honours: None
Signed From: Catuense (BRA)(FRA)

Debut Game: 20th March 1999 vs Manchester City (h) 0-1 Aged 22yrs 248 days
Final Game: 20th March 1999 vs Manchester City (h) 0-1 Aged 22yrs 248 days

I’d be surprised if they didn’t go to general sale tbh. Quite a few people have said they’re giving this a miss due to ticket price, late ko (no trains back to Manchester after the game), Spurs away on the Tuesday etc. Not sure though if you’ll need to have previous purchase history for the club to sell you tickets though? If they do, I’m sure someone on here will be able to help though.
Hi Dan hope you get sorted .Contact Danny Wilson at the club as if any one can help he will. also if you on face book there is site Manchester City Tickets face value or less should be a chance on there. failing that hopefully a family on here that is not going will be able to sort you out. And if none of that works if you contact Stuart Brennan the City reporter for the Manchester Evening News he could do a story and hopefully through the publicity you will get sorted Good Luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.