FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

I made a choice.

Not going.

Went to Fulham on Saturday, and picked Spurs away in the CL over the semi-final.

That aside, I hate the FA, and I hate Wembley.

They FA have forced fans to go to the semi-finals at Wembley so they could rake in more money to pay off the Wembley construction costs, and rake in additional money when Wembley is paid off. The FA have aren’t bothered about the fans who follow teams in the North and the Midlands. If you support a London or Southern team, Wembley is great. There is no reasons why Northern teams can’t play semi finals at either Old Trafford or the Etihad. 33,000 or 27,000 tickets each.

As for Wembley. It’s sterile, plastic, everything is orchestrated, it’s become the bastion of modern football, run by executives who put money, spectacle, H&S rules and regulations, etc, before football fans. The whole experience of the day at Wembley, before and after the final whistle, is shite.

And let’s not forget. If City reach the FA Cup Final the FA will automatically reduce the ticket allocation, and the ticket prices will rocket.

The FA are.......
My many experiences of Wembley appear to have been different than yours. I suppose it depends on who you are with, how you arrange your trip and the attitude one brings to the stadium. I would agree that the experience against Wigan though was generally poor. The debate about whether semi-finals should be elsewhere has long run its course and whether we like it or not, the venue is not going to change. Pompey seemed quite happy with it at the weekend. C`mon CITY. What an April we have ahead.

Hope we get a result on Saturday because a lot of fans will have made the journey to support the boys regardless of how many.

Normal fans not going as given the chance for those who wouldn't normally get a ticket a chance to go and watch a semi final in the FA cup.

All will be forgotten before the scramble for tickets for the last match of the Premier League season !?

Fucking hell, at this rate they'll have to open up those last few blocks for sale! God knows where so many have disappeared to this morning but it looks like we could be approaching that figure of 29200 tickets sold that someone mentioned yesterday!
You have to buy two additional semi final tickets with every derby ticket you get.

Anyone after 10 semi final tickets?

There are four reasons for people not going to this game and they are the stupid kick off time, the stupid prices, it's our third visit this season and we have, regardless of the result, bigger games that people want to spend their money on. Other clubs will sell out because they either rarely go so it's a big day out - Wolves, Watford, Brighton etc - they are based in or around London - Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc or they have huge fan bases in London - rags, dippers etc. I just wish the club would ask the powers to be to review their kick off times and prices for the future otherwise the same thing will happen again and again...
I think it’s our fourth visit to Wembley this season.

All will be forgotten before the scramble for tickets for the last match of the Premier League season !?
Brace yourself for we'll never catch up on points because the ones on high points actually go, the supporters club shouldn't have tickets the usual moans from the I want to go to any game a fancy crew.

Maybe traditionally no but just which ground would you suggest.

This is exactly the point for me, in that the only decent grounds in the country are elsewhere in London (so no difference in terms of travel for northern teams), or the north west.
If one of those NW teams is in the semi that limits it further, but can anyone see/welcome a scenario where, for example, a city/united semi final is played at anfield, or city/liverpool at old trafford? It would certainly save on costs I suppose.
The only issue would be if a southern played a northern team, cos Villa Park isnt up to the job, that's for sure.

If there is , heaven forbid , an empty block at Wembley can we not use it to then position some of our fans there to spell something out, like Fuck the F.A.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.