FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

"Cheap seats" is only half the story when it comes to yet another trip to Wembley. I'm going becasue I can afford it but I don't think you should assume that some of thse who aren't going its becasue they can't be arsed. Some people have quite tough choices to make a bout what they spend their money on.

Spot on it’s an expensive couple of weeks waching city my head said leave it till
The final but my heart said go so I did.

OK, so you drive to the Etihad and get a £20 coach with Tommy Cooks and a £30 ticket, it is still £50 if you take sandwiches and drinks for the coach. But bear in mind we have already had a semi final (league Cup) 4 Champs league games and Spurs coming up plus of course we could be shelling out for another Wembley trip. I think it has less to do with complacency than cost, shit kick off time, family time and other factors stop Blues going rather than complacency.
Mate I wasn't having a go at everything you said, I was onboard with most of it. I know Wembley can be a pain for various reasons but with some of the eye watering prices at the Etihad I think £30 isn't bad in comparison.

Usually drive but going by train this time. Kids footy in morning (sat/sun) and only just made LC final KO. So quicker journey and hopefully more relaxed assuming no extra time as on 9pm train back. CTID

It was more about money tbf, am down for fulham and spurs at new ground booked a weekend for brighton down there already and with a possible trip to wembley again 3 of us in a a car sharing petrol costs and less money spent on ale, I would prefer the train but just not this time.

Maybe all football fans are the same or maybe it is just City fans but I am fed up of fans criticising other fans, we don't sing and when we do it's too fast, we arrive late and leave early, we don't go to home league matches and it looks embarrassing, we boo the champs league tune, there are too many old fans, the young fans are too noisy, I even saw a complaint that the Colin Bell song went on for too long. I could go on but now lets add to the list that we don't go to Wembley.

Perhaps it is a touch ironic that I am complaining about the complainers !

THIS!!!

Absolutely spot on. This ‘proper fan’ thing Is toxic. We don’t know the personal circumstance of other fellow fans (last week of the month is tight for a lot of people).
And on the embarrassment front regarding empty seats, I find it embarrassing that an adult is embarrassed by some clown in the media who is paid to go to a match digs out City (or any other team’s fans) for this.

I love going to Wembley and if I can I will. 3 hours to off the motorway and a good stadium rather than a provincial shit hole. If you cant afford it fair enough but stuff principles about where its played that died in 1992. its a semi final.

I’ve read a couple of people say they are concerned about missing trains home cos they might have to watch a presentation after a penalty shoot out if it went that far. I’m all for clapping the players off the pitch but I’m not sure what presentations will be taking place for winning an FA Cup Semi Final??
As soon as that final whistle goes, get heading for the exits and into a queue for the first train/tube back into town! Loads of time, especially for any relief trains that should be available if it were to go to penalties!

I’ve read a couple of people say they are concerned about missing trains home cos they might have to watch a presentation after a penalty shoot out if it went that far. I’m all for clapping the players off the pitch but I’m not sure what presentations will be taking place for winning an FA Cup Semi Final??
As soon as that final whistle goes, get heading for the exits and into a queue for the first train/tube back into town! Loads of time, especially for any relief trains that should be available if it were to go to penalties!
Yep always clap them off at home but I’ll be legging it for the tube after the semi!

Ha ha, that was me being a dick, I forgot it was the semi and therefore no presentation !! I was, and still am pissed off that I dare not risk the train so added up the different portions of the game to find out when I could leave.

I love going to Wembley and if I can I will. 3 hours to off the motorway and a good stadium rather than a provincial shit hole. If you cant afford it fair enough but stuff principles about where its played that died in 1992. its a semi final.

To be honest had it still been a nuetral venue, it may have been The Emirates for this one anyway. Villa park is drab now. Doubt they would use that anymore.

Ha ha, that was me being a dick, I forgot it was the semi and therefore no presentation !! I was, and still am pissed off that I dare not risk the train so added up the different portions of the game to find out when I could leave.

You’re not the only one to have said it mate. It is a wank kick off time there is no argument against that. But the latest the game should finish is 8ish, possibly quarter past with penalties. Just get the fuck outta there as soon as the last ball is kicked and you’d easily be back into Euston for 9. Wembley Park to Euston Square the quickest tube route. From what Staffsblue says, there will be later trains than 21:00 if it does go to penalties so it’s not as much of a stress as it is being made out to be. Just my opinion of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.