FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

Were any other Bluemooners at the old Goldstone Ground in 1983, when Brighton hosted City in the FA Cup? We got pasted 4-0, and John Bond said "I can go no farther with this side", and resigned shortly after. The disastrous John Benson took over and we went down after the Luton game (sodding David Pleat).
I remember it well, as Peter Swales gave me a lift from Gatwick airport to the ground in the City directors' minibus. (I've never heard so much ill-informed football chat)
We were abysmal that day. A miserable journey home.
Happy days. Not.
Yes 5 of us went down in a car and drove back straight after, fucking long uncomfortable journey there and back, cars wernt very comfy in them days

Were any other Bluemooners at the old Goldstone Ground in 1983, when Brighton hosted City in the FA Cup? We got pasted 4-0, and John Bond said "I can go no farther with this side", and resigned shortly after. The disastrous John Benson took over and we went down after the Luton game (sodding David Pleat).
I remember it well, as Peter Swales gave me a lift from Gatwick airport to the ground in the City directors' minibus. (I've never heard so much ill-informed football chat)
Happy days. Not.
I was there with two mates who I still see and we were driven down by one of my mate's dad who is sadly no longer with us. Don't remember too much other than a very long drive as no M40 or M25 in those days and watching a dreadful game. Actually most away days in the 80's were like that

If I didn’t have a season ticket there’s no way I’d be paying £45-£55 for a single ticket. Cap at £30 like the aways would be my suggestion, no reason why not

My wife paid £50 a ticket for us to come up and watch West Ham, travelled up from Brighton. Very pricey day and night

Happy days. Not.
I was there with my brother & long suffering (with 2 inexplicably City mad sons) much missed dad. We were in the seated Brighton end behind the goal. I'll never forget that feeling of seeing City being soundly beaten & just wanting to be in the away end anyway.
Was also in the paddock under one of the stands along the side a couple of years later when Asa Hartford scored for us in a one all. There were loads of City in that end & they got on the pitch at half time taking penalties in the goal in front of the seated home end in defiance of the local plod & to my & brother's hilarity.

Happy days. Not.
I remember as we were leaving the ground, saying, to no one in particular ‘I’m not fucking coming here again’, to which a fellow sufferer replied ‘you’ll be back’. Sure enough, in May, we all were, to see a late Kevin Reeves goal relegate Brighton and give us a week’s extra hope that we’d avoid the drop. But that next game is another story

So will we be in that fucking purple and orange kit as we lost the coin toss on home kits?

Happy days. Not.

Yep, I was there. Alex Williams & Andy May were sat behind me & my mates in the stand. I'm sure they'll both remember me too. Lol.
Good weekend away spoilt by a shit City performance. It didn't surprise me at all that John Bond walked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.