FA Cup SF Draw | Sheffield United | Sat 22 Apr 16:45

Who do you want in the Semi Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not being rude but it’s an FA CUP SEMI FINAL!???. What do people really expect?? Every year we have the same excuses and moaning ?? What do people want for it to be free??? Some clubs can only dream of getting to wembley , that was us not long ago !! People need to realise it’s not going to be moved from wembley and football if we like it or not is an expensive hobby , if people can’t be arsed to support the team in an fa cup semi final then why bother at all??? …. Then people slag the team off for losing semi finals , what message do you think it sent to the team last year when our end was that empty we had to put a giant banner over the empty seats !!! We used to sell out every wembley trip no problem, too many of our fan base make excuse because they simply can’t be arsed, COME ON BLUES GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE BOYS !!!!
There are several issues here.

1) We have now been to Wembley circa 25 times in the last 12 years.

2) £50 for a seat also needs to be supplemented by travel costs.

3) The weekend of the game coincides with the London Marathon. Accommodation is roughly £250 per night, if you want to stay over, and as you cannot guarantee being back to Euston for the last train home, many have to stay. I have no choice but to stay over as I don't drive and don't live in Manchester.

4) Because of our opponents, it's highly likely we will be back for a Final, where tickets will largely be upwards of £100.

5) There is a good chance many will be fancying their chances of a trip to Istanbul.

Try adding the possibilities together here of an FA Cup Final, a semi-final and a Champions League Final. Then throw in the fact that some have to pay to take their kids too.

Now, I can afford it, but by my reckoning, I'll be paying about £350 for the semi-final and its associated accommodation, train and food and drink. Yes, I know, it can be done much cheaper, but for many, it's not so easy, and maybe they just have to prioritise. For many, going to the semi would mean that they would have to miss a likely final with United. On that basis, it's a no-brainer.

A Sheffield United fan, here (I come in peace!). Just curious to know how confident the average City fan is on occasions like this. Are there any nagging doubts that you could mess it up, despite the obvious mismatch?
As a Blade, I am never confident irrespective of the opposition as we are always capable of shooting ourselves in the foot, but your team is so good I find it hard to imagine you ever being worried.
Mate we lost a cup final to Wigan when we had Dave Silva, Yaya Toure, Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero in the team and half the ground was City. We know how to lose against the odds. We'll be fairly confident but certainly not arrogant.

I’m not being rude but it’s an FA CUP SEMI FINAL!???. What do people really expect?? Every year we have the same excuses and moaning ?? What do people want for it to be free??? Some clubs can only dream of getting to wembley , that was us not long ago !! People need to realise it’s not going to be moved from wembley and football if we like it or not is an expensive hobby , if people can’t be arsed to support the team in an fa cup semi final then why bother at all??? …. Then people slag the team off for losing semi finals , what message do you think it sent to the team last year when our end was that empty we had to put a giant banner over the empty seats !!! We used to sell out every wembley trip no problem, too many of our fan base make excuse because they simply can’t be arsed, COME ON BLUES GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE BOYS !!!!
Some of our fans are now just spoilt and frankly don’t deserve the club or team we now have.......shameful.

City proposed subsidised coaches last year but were still about £30 each, the FA then put on 100 free coaches, and it was due to the engineering work meaning no direct trains.

Not sure if City bothered after that.
Bloody hell, it was only a year ago and I’d forgotten all about that being the case haha

That's only on Bluemoon in the real world your mates are already planning their trip well before the FA pull their finger out on the date

There are several issues here.

1) We have now been to Wembley circa 25 times in the last 12 years.

2) £50 for a seat also needs to be supplemented by travel costs.

3) The weekend of the game coincides with the London Marathon. Accommodation is roughly £250 per night, if you want to stay over, and as you cannot guarantee being back to Euston for the last train home, many have to stay. I have no choice but to stay over as I don't drive and don't live in Manchester.

4) Because of our opponents, it's highly likely we will be back for a Final, where tickets will largely be upwards of £100.

5) There is a good chance many will be fancying their chances of a trip to Istanbul.

Try adding the possibilities together here of an FA Cup Final, a semi-final and a Champions League Final. Then throw in the fact that some have to pay to take their kids too.

Now, I can afford it, but by my reckoning, I'll be paying about £350 for the semi-final and its associated accommodation, train and food and drink. Yes, I know, it can be done much cheaper, but for many, it's not so easy, and maybe they just have to prioritise. For many, going to the semi would mean that they would have to miss a likely final with United. On that basis, it's a no-brainer.
Same excuses we hear every year . It really is . I say it every year but why don’t people plan in advance , there is a good chance that we will be in finals / semi finals at the end of every season, same people who can’t be arsed going wembley are probably the same people who moan they can’t get tickets for away games. What do people really expect , for it to be played in Manchester for free , with free food and drink !! Sorry but same excuses every year !! Getting to wembley is every football fans dream !! What if we don’t get to the final !!! GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE BOYS !!

Same excuses we hear every year . It really is . I say it every year but why don’t people plan in advance , there is a good chance that we will be in finals / semi finals at the end of every season, same people who can’t be arsed going wembley are probably the same people who moan they can’t get tickets for away games. What do people really expect , for it to be played in Manchester for free , with free food and drink !! Sorry but same excuses every year !! Getting to wembley is every football fans dream !! What if we don’t get to the final !!! GET DOWN THERE AND SUPPORT THE BOYS !!
Some people live pay day to pay day and don't have the luxury of savings to fall back on , I count my self lucky that I can afford to go unlike some of my fellow blues

He's just told you in a very clear way why it could be problematic for many people. You haven't addressed a single point he has made. Look, I assume from your posts that you have enough money to do it all and that is absolutely your prerogative. For what it is worth, I can do all possible home and neutral matches between now and the end of the season. But not everyone is in our position. There are a lot of people struggling at the moment and the additional cost of these fixtures will push them to the edge. Many are not quite at the edge but not so flush as to be able to do them all. If there are to be two major finals then they have to gamble that we will be in them and put their money towards those occasions. For quite a lot of our fans, no amount of pre-planning and cost legislation will do the trick - they point blank just cannot afford it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.