FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

Do these Moor Street trains definitely stop at Wembley as it doesnt show on the route planner (1st stop is Banbury)
Usually they stop the passing services to pick up on match days but that’s another thing to check they’re still doing that. Previously they updated the online timetables a few weeks before.

There’s some details on the Chiltern website about enhanced services at Wembley for that weekend.

Last edited:
Usually they stop the passing services to pick up on match days but that’s another thing to check they’re still doing that. Previously they updated the online timetables a few weeks before.

There’s some details on the Chiltern website about enhanced services at Wembley for that weekend.
Thanks yes the info on Chiltern is not clear whether Moor St trains will stop or if they are just providing additional services to Wembley. Just annoying to queue up to get back to Marylebone after the game only to come back again and stop at Wembley!

Hopefully won’t be too bad. Always amazes me how relatively unpacked trains coming back up North are when we play at Wembley although perhaps i have always just been lucky with timing.

In connection with planned engineering works on the Euston - Birmingham New Street route, together with a major Wembley Stadium event (FA Cup Semi-Final #1), Chiltern Railways will be operating an amended timetable all day. This will include an enhanced service between Marylebone and Birmingham Moor Street, with specially-lengthened trains, and also an enhanced service serving Wembley Stadium during the afternoon and evening.

Always amazes me how relatively unpacked trains coming back up North are when we play at Wembley although perhaps i have always just been lucky with timings
It’s quite a slow service and if the game goes to extra time/penalties it’ll be a push for that 1910-ish train. I remember the train getting delayed coming back but then making up time so it was only 5 mins or so behind once we got to Warwick, so the schedule has wiggle room in it.

realtimetrains.co.uk is the best route planner and I believe is where service changes first get confirmed. They’re showing as passing trains at the moment but it will change, almost certain.

So it took 5 days from knowing the semi finalists to announcing the date and time. Will our ticket office be able to better that and get tickets on sale within 5 days ? Not for me.

I reckon they’ll announce criteria sometime towards the back end of next week and may even only open the sales window on the following Monday (4th April). Tickets will then of course probably only be sent out week commencing 11th April.

How many pages will this thread reach with frustrated fans justifiably sounding off ? I’d set the spread at 400 - 410.
On sale today so exactly 5 days after the announcement.

The last train to catch will be the one that leaves Marylebone at 19:37 (around ten minutes later at Wembley) getting into Moor St at 21:30 to then get to New Street for the last train to Manchester at 21:57, assuming it all goes to schedule. The one before is scheduled for 19:00 (19:10 at Wembley). I went this route for the Watford final and the queue took a while (about 45mins) and it was just City fans in it by then but I wasn't in a rush as was parked up at Warwick. Just don't be tempted to jump on any train as they can stop at different stations later on making changing impossible.

You could always go National Express or Megabus from Birmingham instead as there's some that leave around 11 and more around 3am! Lot of faffing about innit.
Cheers mate and @ysmsa too. After reading both your posts, I've decided not to risk this route as while getting back to Birmingham shouldn't be a problem, I've only got one Birmingham to Manchester train to aim for if it goes to extra time and pens. With us being at the wrong end of the stadium, I can see it being a lengthy wait to get on one of those Birmingham-bound trains. I'd need to be out of Wembley and on the train by around 7.30 to make that last 9.57 train back to Piccadilly. If it's ET and pens then the match is probably only ending at 6.20 or later and I can easily see it being another hour or more to get on a train at Wembley Stadium station. If we'd been given the West end of the stadium, I'd have probably risked it.

I've decided to go via Leeds instead. I said last night that there's a planned strike that day that may effect some TP Express services and for that reason, Leeds was out, but silly me forgot that Northern run trains to Leeds as well from Victoria which increases my options. So I've booked Leeds - Kings Cross going out at 9.15am and returning at 7.33pm. That may be tight as well if it goes to ET and pens but my experience of the tube is that while Wembley Park station is hammered afterwards, the queues tend to move quickly. There is some wiggle room if I miss the 19.33 as there's another about half an hour later, and if I make the 19.33 I should have up to 5 trains back to Manc to choose from when I get back to Leeds. I'm also hoping that if it finishes in normal time and I get back to Kings Cross early, they might let me on an earlier train. They often do this at Euston for games at Wembley and bung you on whatever train is in. Whether they would do this at Kings Cross I don't know.

Cheers mate and @ysmsa too. After reading both your posts, I've decided not to risk this route as while getting back to Birmingham shouldn't be a problem, I've only got one Birmingham to Manchester train to aim for if it goes to extra time and pens. With us being at the wrong end of the stadium, I can see it being a lengthy wait to get on one of those Birmingham-bound trains. I'd need to be out of Wembley and on the train by around 7.30 to make that last 9.57 train back to Piccadilly. If it's ET and pens then the match is probably only ending at 6.20 or later and I can easily see it being another hour or more to get on a train at Wembley Stadium station. If we'd been given the West end of the stadium, I'd have probably risked it.

I've decided to go via Leeds instead. I said last night that there's a planned strike that day that may effect some TP Express services and for that reason, Leeds was out, but silly me forgot that Northern run trains to Leeds as well from Victoria which increases my options. So I've booked Leeds - Kings Cross going out at 9.15am and returning at 7.33pm. That may be tight as well if it goes to ET and pens but my experience of the tube is that while Wembley Park station is hammered afterwards, the queues tend to move quickly. There is some wiggle room if I miss the 19.33 as there's another about half an hour later, and if I make the 19.33 I should have up to 5 trains back to Manc to choose from when I get back to Leeds. I'm also hoping that if it finishes in normal time and I get back to Kings Cross early, they might let me on an earlier train. They often do this at Euston for games at Wembley and bung you on whatever train is in. Whether they would do this at Kings Cross I don't know.
Im on this route but on the 8:15 from leeds to kings cross, im also booked on the 20:03 but like you say i hope they let me get on an earlier one to get you back out of london

I think it's the more sensible route tbh. I'd only use the Chiltern line if you are finishing south of Stafford/Crewe, using the parkways to drive onwards or have a hotel somewhere along the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.