FA Cup SF | Liverpool | Sat 16 Apr 15:30 | Travel, Ticket & Pub Discussion

It was a final. I think selling out a semi final with no trains and at Easter when loads will be on holiday is going to take some doing. Who knows though. Maybe the opponent will help make people go when perhaps they wouldn’t for Palace.
It's probably old age setting in but I'm seriously thinking of swerving this and watching it on tv, the semi-finals should be nowhere near fucking Wembley. Train travel looks either near-impossible or a royal pain and the roads will be jammed for the Easter weekend, especially if the weather's decent. Throw in thousands of marauding bus-wreckers and the attraction is getting less by the minute.

Saying that I'll probably end up going and moaning about it after!

I’ll never forget being in the Kippax and it going mental when that Kevin Reeves goal went in. Pity the ref screwed us, but in our minds, we all know to this day that the goal should have stood.

I was stood near the back of the Kippax (out of view of the North Stand scoreboard) and the place went nuts. I did not realise until after the match that it had been disallowed.
Makes VAR seem useful :-/

Has anyone got a clip of that ‘goal’? I still don’t know why it was ruled out.

Exactely whare?

Old Trafford? Hillesbrough? Goodison Park? Villa Park? Edgeley Park?
Like it used to be all this Wembley for everything bollox . No wonder the fa cup has dropped in years because playing at Wembley on final day at 3 pm on a Saturday on bbc1 or itv is not sacred any more . As for the semi final Maybe Villa park .

It’s never a question of beating Liverpool it’s beating thesmall teans which is the problem . Can you imagine what they are thinking because there firm against us is shit tbh .

5th April: Atletico (H)
10th April: Liverpool (H)
13th April: Atletico (A)
16th April: Liverpool (N)

Win all four and we're rocking ...

But in real don't need to win it all ... win big in first home leg against Atletico which renders the second away leg less important. Draw at home against Liverpool (if we have won Burnley A the week before) and we stay ahead of them, then win the SF against them ... or win the home PL game and maybe draw the SF (and win on pens) ... of course 4/4 wins would be great but not necessary.
5th April: Atletico (H) W
10th April: Liverpool (H) W
13th April: Atletico (A) D
16th April: Liverpool (N) W

Just got this weird feeling while we are busy battling it out with the dippers Chelsea will nip in & win both the FA cup & the chumps league :-(

Just got this weird feeling while we are busy battling it out with the dippers Chelsea will nip in & win both the FA cup & the chumps league :-(

Chelsea will play more games than us (if they beat Madrid), though, and have already played more games. It's not like they'll be resting when City and Liverpool are playing.

On paper, we should be fresher than Liverpool and Chelsea. They have more senior players than us, but I fancy our chances.

The 1st game vs Atletico is very important. Win it with 2+ goals and we are in a good position for both games with Liverpool.

I’ll never forget being in the Kippax and it going mental when that Kevin Reeves goal went in. Pity the ref screwed us, but in our minds, we all know to this day that the goal should have stood.
Fuck off Alf Grey, I was in the Kippax near the front when we scored, fuck all wrong with it.

The hatred will only intensify.

They've always hated United more. Not anymore.
I wouldn’t say always. Until the late 70s there wasn’t really much of a rivalry between them.

They haven’t had many title run-ins with each other neither. Considering they have 39 titles between them, they’ve finished 1st and 2nd together either way round 4 times. City and United have 4, and this season is the 5th time City and Liverpool will have finished 1st and 2nd together.

It’s always been a made up media rivalry that both clubs used while the other one was winning everything to keep them relevant.

Possibly the Chelsea fans in their Cup Schemes will get tickets as they have a ‘contract’ for them.
If they havent paid for them then no, the issue is Chelsea can take any money The solution would be for the FA / Wembley sell them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.