FA Cup to resume June 27/28

With the CL not scheduled to start until later this is an excellent opportunity to win back to back FA cups, keep our strongest 11 for it, rotate the squad as we are almost guaranteed CL next season (ban been overturned) the rest United etc still need to concentrate on CL qualification or relegation issues as their priority. The league is over so fuck it, win the fa cup then we have a great chance at the CL.
Obviously that’s if it all carries on, but for me non of this should be happening anyway.
Exactly.

Secure the CL spot and goes balls in for the cups. We’ve got the squad to rotate for it.

Should be restarting the end of this season in August as normal. The following league season could then have been split into two leagues, North and South with the winners playing off against each otherfor the league title at Wembley. Ditto the losers for relegation. Less games, more excitement.

I feel that those who have been against football restarting are already stating the matches will be shit . They will obviously repeat this when the games restart.

Contrary to what has been said on here by those not watching the bundesliga the matches have been really competitive. The first week the players were not at their peak, but this weekend some great performances and games. Mgladbach, Dortmund, and Bayern superb. Hertha and Werder also.
I have a feeling some people have written the headlines before the weekend begins, a bit like the Daily Express.
If people are genuinely not interested would it not be better to just ignore the restart and get to the beach.

Should be restarting the end of this season in August as normal. The following league season could then have been split into two leagues, North and South with the winners playing off against each otherfor the league title at Wembley. Ditto the losers for relegation. Less games, more excitement.

Are going to accredit the winning of the above scenario with the 2012 season ending, after 32 games coming back from 8 points behind to win it in 93:20 or after winning and posting one hundred points, or winning our last 14 games to win by a point last season?A league is won by the team with the most points or better goal difference after 19 games played at home and 19 played away between August and May. Remember all this bollocks is to maintain the integrity of the league

Edited, sorry should have been in league, not cup thread.

Last edited:
I feel that those who have been against football restarting are already stating the matches will be shit . They will obviously repeat this when the games restart.

Contrary to what has been said on here by those not watching the bundesliga the matches have been really competitive. The first week the players were not at their peak, but this weekend some great performances and games. Mgladbach, Dortmund, and Bayern superb. Hertha and Werder also.
I have a feeling some people have written the headlines before the weekend begins, a bit like the Daily Express.
If people are genuinely not interested would it not be better to just ignore the restart and get to the beach.
I don't care if the matches are shit. I don't want the football to restart because it lacks integrity. You start a competition where all parties know the rules and conditions. If you change those conditions then all sporting integrity goes. Anybody that thinks this is better than nothing lacks a desire for integrity in sport, which is fine, but it's why I'd rather start a new season on time with known conditions than this pathetic joke of an exhibition.

The FA Cup quarter-finals have been rescheduled for the weekend of 27-28 June with the final set to take place on Saturday, 1 August.

FA chief executive Mark Bullingham said the dates are "dependent on all safety measures being met" with venues and kick-off times yet to be confirmed.

The semi-finals have been rescheduled for 11-12 July.

Talk about shoehorning our games in at the beginning when injuries will be suffered

Whatever the circumstances, however many deaths there be, no matter whether the beaches are packed, I have no doubt that even now every single safety measure will be met!! One classic foregone conclusion!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.