FA Watch

Montgomery Burns said:
I've tried to reply to a number of PM's tonight; some appear in the sent box whilst others only in the outbox - I don't know if these have gone or not!

So apologies if anyone's waiting!

Cryptic message for Not My Fault in case it's not got through - 11.

As I clearly haven't got the hang of this PM lark just send stuff for me through the main thread unless it's especially sensitive.

I'm off now for the night. Thanks everyone for all your involvement, encouragement and efforts today - we're making good progress.

Monty
Just so you know, PMs stay in your outbox until they're read then they move to your sentbox.

Monty

I would be more than happy to support in any way I can.

have good cv in areas that might serve....

PM me, mate, if I can be of assistance.

Bluemoon115 said:
Montgomery Burns said:
Piston - did you get my PM?

Just before you go, what would you require from a roaming reporter?

That one was listed in 'Situations Wanted' rather than 'Situations Needed'!

What is a roaming reporter anyway, as someone else asked! I've heard of roving reporter, it must be the same - anyway there's no job vacancy at the moment!

Had a second reply from Mark Hunter MP, I have asked him if I can post his comments. He has provide the info I asked him for about Blue MPs and acontact for House of Commons football

On the matter of Blues in the House of Commons, I know that John Leech
(my colleague in Manchester Withington) is a City season ticket holder
and that Ivan Lewis (Bury South) and Paul Goggins (Manchester
Wythenshawe
) are both City supporters, but I'm afraid there is no formal
grouping as such.
There is though an all-party Football Group chaired byAlan Keen.

So any constituents of the above please e-mail them as soon as possible Click on the link below and search for them alphabetically to find their contact details
http://www.parliament.uk/mpslordsandoffices/mps_and_lords/alms.cfm#G

sweep said:
Montgomery Burns said:
I've tried to reply to a number of PM's tonight; some appear in the sent box whilst others only in the outbox - I don't know if these have gone or not!

So apologies if anyone's waiting!

Cryptic message for Not My Fault in case it's not got through - 11.

As I clearly haven't got the hang of this PM lark just send stuff for me through the main thread unless it's especially sensitive.

I'm off now for the night. Thanks everyone for all your involvement, encouragement and efforts today - we're making good progress.

Monty
Just so you know, PMs stay in your outbox until they're read then they move to your sentbox.

Thanks - that explains a lot!

This is brilliant Monty, exactly what needs to be done. Letters questioning bias decisions going in favour of the top 4 cartel in matches that dont affect City should be sent too.
This whole thing has been frustrating me immensely. I just wish I had the ability to write (as you can probably tell by post I dont) well worded letters like this one to send myself. These issues certainly need answers.

Keep up the good work.

kramer said:
Had a second reply from Mark Hunter MP, I have asked him if I can post his comments. He has provide the info I asked him for about Blue MPs and acontact for House of Commons football

On the matter of Blues in the House of Commons, I know that John Leech
(my colleague in Manchester Withington) is a City season ticket holder
and that Ivan Lewis (Bury South) and Paul Goggins (Manchester
Wythenshawe
) are both City supporters, but I'm afraid there is no formal
grouping as such.
There is though an all-party Football Group chaired byAlan Keen.

So any constituents of the above please e-mail them as soon as possible Click on the link below and search for them alphabetically to find their contact details
http://www.parliament.uk/mpslordsandoffices/mps_and_lords/alms.cfm#G

Great work Kramer - if anyone can spare a few moments to write to their MP a suggested form of words for a letter is as follows:

To: Rt Hon xx , MP

I am a member of FA Watch, a new campaign group recently set up to monitor some of the stranger decisions of the Football Association – it is a non-party political organisation and is open at this stage to fans of all Premier League clubs.

Two letters were sent last Thursday to the FA on our behalf by a constituent of James Purnell, which were copied to various national and local media outlets. The wording of the letters are reproduced below, which contain details of the campaign originally set up by Manchester City supporters in the fall out of Saturday's game with Arsenal. The contents will hopefully be of interest to you, even if only to keep a watching brief at the moment, but any support you may feel able to give would be much appreciated.

A website has since been set up which is intended to be used by supporters of all Premier League clubs, as we do not want this to be something that is just pushed by fans of one club - it deserves a much wider franchise.

The covering letters to media outlets read:

Contrary to public perception, many Manchester City fans do not have a problem per se with the FA charge of violent conduct against Emmanuel Adebayor. What does unite fans though is the perception that other incidents of violent conduct and for that matter inappropriate celebrations and two footed challenges are not always dealt with in a consistent manner by the football authorities, that is, some clubs and their players are more equal before the law than others. This perception is of course directly aimed at the so-called Big 4 clubs and the FA's treatment thereof.

FA Watch will monitor games in the Premier League from now on and invite the Football Association to take action in appropriate cases where it seems the authorities may be reluctant to act. The campaign will hopefully over time collect evidence that will either prove or disprove the notion that the Big 4 clubs are treated in a way different to other Premier League clubs.

In the meantime I have written to the Secretary to the Regulatory Commission drawing their attention to incidents involving Robin Van Persie last Saturday and Nemanja Vidic last month at Wigan and have invited their comments, which will be published in due course at the following web address:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140353</a>

(when our website is up and running details will also be posted at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fawatch.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.fawatch.org</a>)

The wording of the letters to the FA were as follows:

Letter 1

Readers of the Manchester City fan site <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a> have started to monitor on-field incidents in the Premier League where disciplinary action has not been taken; looking for apparent inconsistencies in the way the FA and its officials apply the rules of the game.

The campaign is entitled ‘FA Watch’ and has arisen from a belief in certain quarters that the FA as an organisation are either unable or unwilling to police the laws of the game in a fair an objective manner, in so much they appear biased towards members of the so-called Big 4 clubs. The campaign will look for specific examples of such perceived bias.

The trigger for ‘FA Watch’ was the media campaign which highlighted some, but not all of the recent incidents at the City of Manchester Stadium at the recent Manchester City v Arsenal match. At the heart of our campaign is the simple belief that all should be treated fairly before the law, which should be applied in a consistent manner. One of the aims of the campaign is to highlight similar incidents which may have been or are in the process of being treated differently by the football authorities.

I will write to you in due course referring you to various incidents, asking for your comments. As a matter of course my letters to you will be copied to various media outlets and you are free to copy your responses to them if you so wish.

As far as this letter is concerned I will restrict myself to two incidents at the Manchester City and Arsenal game involving Robin Van Persie, and will deal with these in chronological order.

Goal celebrations

Mr Van Persie scored an excellent equaliser early in the second half at the South Stand end of the ground, where Arsenal fans were situated. But Mr Van Persie did not go to his own fans to celebrate however, as one might have reasonably expected. As the TV footage showed, he went instead towards the Manchester City fans in the opposite corner in a somewhat aggressive fashion, allegedly shouting, and it pains me to write this, ‘f**k off, f**k off, you bastards’. If that were not bad enough he left the field of play to do this. A complaint was made to Greater Manchester Police in relation to Mr Van Persie’s conduct.

One would normally expect a yellow card to have been issued by Mr Clattenburg in the circumstances so described, but whilst he booked Mr Adebayor for his goal celebrations he did not book Mr Van Persie. In the interests of wishing the laws of the game to be applied in an even handed and consistent manner I would ask why a yellow card was not issued to Mr Van Persie in this instance. Perhaps you can enlighten me on this.

More specifically:

(a) Did Mr Clattenburg see the incident?

(b) Did Mr Clattenburg make reference to this incident in his match report?

(c) If he saw the incident but did not deem it warranted a booking please explain why.

(d) If Mr Clattenburg did not see the incident, are you prepared to investigate the circumstances of the incident, using the video evidence available? If not, why not.

(e) Irrespective of the fact Manchester City fans did not riot do you think Mr Van Persie’s behaviour could have incited fans to an extent that at the very least a breach of the peace may have been committed?

Violent conduct

The circumstances surrounding Mr Adebayor’s ‘stamp’ on Mr Van Persie have been well documented, but Mr Van Persie’s role in events leading up to this have not been examined in anything like the same detail.

As the TV footage showed, Mr Van Persie made a two-footed challenge on Mr Adebayor from behind, right in front of Mr Clattenburg, who can be seen waving play on.

One would normally expect a red card to have been issued by Mr Clattenburg in the circumstances so described, but in this instance he did not even award a free kick, never mind issue a card to Mr Van Persie. Once again, and in the interests wishing the laws of the game to be applied in an even handed and consistent manner, I would ask why a card was not issued in this instance. Perhaps you can enlighten me on this.

More specifically:

(f) Did Mr Clattenburg see the incident?

(g) Did Mr Clattenburg make reference to this incident in his match report?

(h) If he saw the incident but did not deem it warranted a booking please explain why.

(i) If Mr Clattenburg did not see the incident, are you prepared to investigate the circumstances of the incident, using the video evidence available? If not, why not.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.(end)

Letter 2

Your recent decision to charge the Manchester City player Emmanuel Adebayor with a charge of violent conduct has sparked a lively debate in footballing circles, as fans wait to see whether you intend to intervene in other cases of violent conduct that have not been seen by match officials during the game.

I write to you on behalf of the ‘FA Watch’ campaign, which is published at the following website address:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=140353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=140353</a>

In view of your decision to charge Mr Adebayor and in the interests of wishing the laws of the game to be applied in an even handed and consistent manner I refer you to an incident in the second half of the Wigan v Manchester United game on 22 August 2009, when the Wigan striker Hugo Rodallega appeared to be struck by United defender Nemanja Vidic in an off the ball incident.

The Daily Mail reported (please see link below) that the referee Howard Webb did not see the incident and that as a consequence the FA were reported as saying they would look into the matter.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208506/Vidic-left-facing-trial-television-Rodallega-slap.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -slap.html</a>

Had he seen the incident in the circumstances so described, one would normally expect a red card to have been issued by Mr Webb for violent conduct. As he did not see the incident, one would normally expect the FA to follow the matter up, especially since it was reported you would be doing so.

Please let me know whether you investigated the circumstances of the incident, and if so let me know the outcome of that investigation. Your comments will be published at the web address given above.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course. (end)

Thank you in advance for any support or assistance you may feel able to give.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.