FA Watch

0103 said:
It really can't be appropriate for the chief executive to continue to comment on a case while the disciplinary process remains ongoing.

I would really hope the club formally complain about his comments and prejudging of the Adebayor case.

The lack of professional is absolutely stunning.

Kirkstall Blue said:
As yet,!!!!! no replies from the FA for me. My conclusion, they don't like what I have said and have no standard reply.

Ian Watmore was on Talk sport again this morning, agreeing with Brasil that the behaviour of Ade after the goal celebration was wrong. You could tell Brasil wants a ban for Ade, no discussion at all over the behaviour of Arsenal fans.

FIFA need to know about the reluctance of our FA to deal with Arsenal hooligans and instead blame the player.
The Sports Minister might like to hear about the failure of the FA as it could affect our chances of hosting the world cup.
For me there is a direct connection between the Arsenal fans behaviour and that, that we saw at the swamp.
Fans throwing things and trying to get on the pitch. In order to get players banned.

Can you recall what he actually said this morning? surely as another poster has said he cannot comment on an ongoing case.

I've just realized that Gerry Sutcliffe Sports Minister is a Rag. From the Independent.

Friday, 18 September 2009
Sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe has warned top footballers that they need to act as role models and said there should be a debate about whether to impose points deductions for clubs whose players are guilty of serious misbehaviour.

Sutcliffe said the incidents involving Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor last weekend against Arsenal had highlighted the need for the stars of the game to set an example for children.

The minister added the deterrent of a ban may not be enough and tougher measures were needed.

Sutcliffe told Press Association Sport: "I am concerned, because these players are role models.

"What we can't have is violence or apparent violence that kids in the streets may copy.

"There needs to be other mechanisms to force players and clubs to recognise that.

"We all know it's a tough, emotional game but we can't continue to have these sorts of scenes. We will be looking at what suggestions there could be.

"Do we need to look at clubs losing points [for serious misbehaviour]? If a player gets banned for three games, it's easy to put someone else in there if you are a big club, though for small clubs it's more difficult.

"It's just a personal idea but football should be looking at all it can do to make sure that the image of the game."

Sutcliffe stressed the Government would not tell football how to run the sport, but acted as a "critical friend" and make suggestions.

"I can't propose that [points deductions], but it's something that should be looked to make sure that clubs and players act in a responsible way," added Sutcliffe, who was opening a £1million multi-sports centre in Silsden, West Yorkshire, built with support from the Football Foundation and Sport England.

"That's not to take the emotion out of sport. But when you come to places like here to see grassroots sports, what you don't want to see is kids diving about on the pitch or coming out with bad behaviour.

"The FA's Respect campaign last year was the way forward and we need to return to the principles of that campaign and reinforce it."

The minister also said he believed the FA had acted correctly with the ban on Adebayor for stamping on Robin van Persie - he has also been charged with improper conduct for his inflammatory goal celebration.

"He has a three-match ban for that and I think that's the right decision, and the FA are dealing with the other matter," said Sutcliffe.

"Now we have got sport to such a high level I don't want it go backwards to where we focus on bad behaviour and bad images coming across."

Sutcliffe said the controversies involving the Formula One Renault team and tennis star Serena Williams, who abused a line judge, were also cause for concern.

"Whether it has been Serena Williams in tennis or the Formula One issues, the integrity of sport is key," said the minister.

"There is a dangerous situation if sport loses control of itself and has kids doing the same thing, whatever the sport.

"There's a responsibility on sports to say how best can we improve the situation in relation to discipline and conduct."

That was his response to the Adebayor incidents. Think I might drop him a line as his profile says he is a Manchester United Fan, apologies if posted before as it's from the 18th Sept.

Don't worry Ade won't banned for the celebration if he is then Chuckle and RVP will be banned too and we know that won't happen.

Kirkstall Blue said:
I've just realized that Gerry Sutcliffe Sports Minister is a Rag. From the Independent.

Friday, 18 September 2009
Sports minister Gerry Sutcliffe has warned top footballers that they need to act as role models and said there should be a debate about whether to impose points deductions for clubs whose players are guilty of serious misbehaviour.

Sutcliffe said the incidents involving Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor last weekend against Arsenal had highlighted the need for the stars of the game to set an example for children.

The minister added the deterrent of a ban may not be enough and tougher measures were needed.

Sutcliffe told Press Association Sport: "I am concerned, because these players are role models.

"What we can't have is violence or apparent violence that kids in the streets may copy.

"There needs to be other mechanisms to force players and clubs to recognise that.

"We all know it's a tough, emotional game but we can't continue to have these sorts of scenes. We will be looking at what suggestions there could be.

"Do we need to look at clubs losing points [for serious misbehaviour]? If a player gets banned for three games, it's easy to put someone else in there if you are a big club, though for small clubs it's more difficult.

"It's just a personal idea but football should be looking at all it can do to make sure that the image of the game."

Sutcliffe stressed the Government would not tell football how to run the sport, but acted as a "critical friend" and make suggestions.

"I can't propose that [points deductions], but it's something that should be looked to make sure that clubs and players act in a responsible way," added Sutcliffe, who was opening a £1million multi-sports centre in Silsden, West Yorkshire, built with support from the Football Foundation and Sport England.

"That's not to take the emotion out of sport. But when you come to places like here to see grassroots sports, what you don't want to see is kids diving about on the pitch or coming out with bad behaviour.

"The FA's Respect campaign last year was the way forward and we need to return to the principles of that campaign and reinforce it."

The minister also said he believed the FA had acted correctly with the ban on Adebayor for stamping on Robin van Persie - he has also been charged with improper conduct for his inflammatory goal celebration.

"He has a three-match ban for that and I think that's the right decision, and the FA are dealing with the other matter," said Sutcliffe.

"Now we have got sport to such a high level I don't want it go backwards to where we focus on bad behaviour and bad images coming across."

Sutcliffe said the controversies involving the Formula One Renault team and tennis star Serena Williams, who abused a line judge, were also cause for concern.

"Whether it has been Serena Williams in tennis or the Formula One issues, the integrity of sport is key," said the minister.

"There is a dangerous situation if sport loses control of itself and has kids doing the same thing, whatever the sport.

"There's a responsibility on sports to say how best can we improve the situation in relation to discipline and conduct."

That was his response to the Adebayor incidents. Think I might drop him a line as his profile says he is a Manchester United Fan, apologies if posted before as it's from the 18th Sept.

All we are after is consistency of which there is none, ask him about that and see if he thinks everyone is treated the same, e.g. Rooney and Ronaldo last year, Boswinga kick in the back,Mascherano v Leeds,all went unpunished, also would be interesting to read your email to him.

kippaxblue76 said:
Kirkstall Blue said:
As yet,!!!!! no replies from the FA for me. My conclusion, they don't like what I have said and have no standard reply.

Can you recall what he actually said this morning? surely as another poster has said he cannot comment on an ongoing case.

He stated he could not comment on Ade. because of the ongoing investigation, but Brasil went on to say Ade's goal celebration was worse than his stamp. Sorry no actual words from Ian only general nodding in agreement with Brasil.

Kirkstall Blue said:

He stated he could not comment on Ade. because of the ongoing investigation, but Brasil went on to say Ade's goal celebration was worse than his stamp. Sorry no actual words from Ian only general nodding in agreement with Brasil.

I think he has had his knuckles wrapped because he certainly spoke about ADE before his 3 game ban, tosser.

Just received this reply from my MP:

"Dear Mark

Thank you for your email voicing the concerns you have with the alleged favouritism shown towards the top four premiership football clubs.

I am a keen if armchair football supporter (I support West Bromwich Albion) and I will certainly do all that I can to ensure fairness. I am glad that a group of you are collecting evidence of biased adjudications to forward to the FA, and I shall be grateful if you will keep me informed of the FA's response. If sufficient evidence is amassed, I will be happy to write to the Minister of Sport to ask that this is looked into more thoroughly.

I will however write straight away on the specific issue of the potential conflict of interest around David Gill and will let you know when I have a response.

I look forward to hearing from you again in due course.

Your sincerely

Steve Webb MP"

Below is an email from the FA
As you can see i contacted them last year about similar things
They state if the referree has dealt with an incident,either by booking or choosing not to book some one,they can't retrospectively charge a player(see highlighted in email below)
Adebayor got a yellow,yet they still charged him
HOW DOES THIS WORK????????
I asked when the rules changed around this and they responded with the usual SH*T

Dear Stephen

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, our staff are unable to engage in continued dialogue with all supporters.

While I appreciate we may not have alleviated your concerns, I would nevertheless like to thank you for taking the time to write.

Kind regards

Alex Burkwood | Customer Relations Officer

Customer Relations

The FA Group
Wembley Stadium, Wembley, London, HA9 0WS

Postal address: Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ

T +44 (0) 844 980 8200 | F+44 (0) 844 980 8201

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.TheFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.TheFA.com</a>, <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wembleystadium.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wembleystadium.com</a>

Sent: 17 September 2009 13:34
To: Info
Subject: Your shout

Name: Stephen

Subject: adebayor

FANNumber

Email:

Below is an earlier email i recieved from you "Therefore if the match officials confirm to The FA they have seen an incident, The FA cannot act retrospectively"

How have you charged Adebayor for his goal celebration,as he got a yellow card for it already? Please explain how and when the rules changed from the last time you emailed me?

Thank you for contacting The Football Association regarding the incident involving David Dunn and Cristiano Ronaldo during The FA Premier League match Manchester United v Blackburn Rovers on 21 February. The referee Howard Webb has confirmed that he saw this incident and that he dealt with it at the time. Therefore no further action will be taken against either player. FIFA rules prevent the "re-refereeing" of matches. FIFA are the world governing body of football and The FA is just one of 208 member associations, all bound to the same set of rules. This particular rule prevents The FA from taking disciplinary action on incidents which are seen and dealt with at the time by match officials (this includes the referee taking no action). Therefore if the match officials confirm to The FA they have seen an incident, The FA cannot act retrospectively If you are interested in reading more about The FA's disciplinary processes that includes "How does The FA decide whether to charge" please visit the following link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/C78670E4-FC3D-4AF2-A526-59DEA094982E/148784/DisciplinaryProcedures0809.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/C7867 ... es0809.pdf</a> We are confident that the disciplinary procedures off the pitch as well as the referees on the pitch uphold the laws of the game without any bias to club or player. We hope that this clarifies our position. All feedback we receive from supporters is much appreciated - this feedback is collated and used to build a picture of the public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation. Please rest assured your comments will form part of this process. Thank you once again for taking the time to write. Kind regards Tracey Bates | Customer Relations Assistant The Football Association 25 Soho Square | London | W1D 4FA T +44 (0) 20 7745 4545 | F +44 (0) 20 7745 4546 <a class="postlink" href="http://www.TheFA.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.TheFA.com</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.