FA Watch

Prestwich_Blue said:
If you want to be taken seriously you could start by spelling Clattenburg's name correctly!

However, what I'd like to know is just how the system works for incidents "not seen" by referees.

Does someone (e.g. a manager) have to formally complain?
Does the referee routinely review the match afterwards?
Or does he only do it based on media outcry?

In the interests of transparency, are the FA prepared to piblish the actual process that leads to video review of incidents?
What a twat he can't spell Clatenburg but I bet he can spell publish

With regard to incidents the Referee did not see, i have been in contact with Keith Hackett from the PGMOL regarding Mr Clattenburgs actions. I will not post his email address as i promised not too, but this was the reply to my question regarding Adeys charge.

I understand your point of view on this matter.

However we have looked closely at this incident with the use of ProZone who have eight cameras situated around the ground.

It is evident through the Animation content of ProZone that the body of the Manchester City player was covering the incident around the feet area.

Mr Clattenburg therefore did not have the view that your picture suggests. It in fact confirms the opposite.

Pity that I cannot send you the animation clip in which I am able to look at the movement and position of the players and Referee and the other match officials.

Remember that the 4th official is allowed in Law able to advise the Referee on acts of violent conduct

I might add that it is not the Referee who stimulated this post match action This came from another source and often because this is a direct communication with the Regulation Department even I am unaware who this is.

Regards

Keith Hackett

PS Yes i was sad enough to send a still picture of the incident and where everyone was to him.

Pity that I cannot send you the animation clip in which I am able to look at the movement and position of the players and Referee and the other match officials.

Indeed!!

I've just posted something similar on another thread, but if Ade gets banned tomorrow (at least I think that's when we hear) for his goal celebration, will this be something raised by the FA Watch campaign? Especially after the chuckle brother was let off with a warning after his celebration/warm up.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Hi guys

Not really read or kept up with this thread too much but have read the last few pages and already had an idea of what it's about.

For what it's worth (nothing), I think this is a brilliant idea and if done correctly it will, not might, come up with all sorts of inconsistencies.

Football is the major sport that is most guilty, by far, of pandering to certain teams. I believe that a lot of it is through shear sycophancy, fear and intimidation and not deliberate corruption. However, it just does not go on to such a significant extent in other sports - and the examples that you will find in other sports are rare and almost exclusively limited to on field officials not having the strength of mind not to be influenced.

Unfortunately football has much more officials which conform to this stereotype and, even worse, in football it extends to those that officiate the game off the field.

I'd love to help but really would struggle to find the time to commit to something at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Anyway, I just wanted to say 'stick with it' and add my support to this. If done correctly and with good standards it could expose a sport that has become so up it's own orrifice and so entralled to certain influences that it has lost sight of the central remit of any sport - complete and utter even handed application of the rules.

You'll have to bear in mind though that in a couple of years time with the inevitible success, the game is so messed up that City will start to benefit from such pathetic bias. That's hardly the point though.

ps: why wouldn't League Cup games be included? FA bans apply to them (Adebayor banned for Fulham, etc). Willful misapplication of the deliberately included flexibility in the laws is out of order whenever it occurs.

Thanks for your words of support John.

We're keeping to the Premier League only rule at the moment John because of resources.

frannyleesbogroll said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
If you want to be taken seriously you could start by spelling Clattenburg's name correctly!

However, what I'd like to know is just how the system works for incidents "not seen" by referees.

Does someone (e.g. a manager) have to formally complain?
Does the referee routinely review the match afterwards?
Or does he only do it based on media outcry?

In the interests of transparency, are the FA prepared to piblish the actual process that leads to video review of incidents?
What a twat he can't spell Clatenburg but I bet he can spell publish

Gosh that was an old post!

Prestwich Blue and myself have had a laugh about this and are fine; incidentally he's helping the campaign an awful lot at the moment which he wouldn't be if he'd been moved outside of The Circle Of Trust.

No news here, I'm afraid.

bluesteph said:
I've just posted something similar on another thread, but if Ade gets banned tomorrow (at least I think that's when we hear) for his goal celebration, will this be something raised by the FA Watch campaign? Especially after the chuckle brother was let off with a warning after his celebration/warm up.

It will!

Mark

If it is any help, should you wish for comment from the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Ltd) then the most productive contact is KWright@pgmol.com

The person is Kelly Wright who will in turn forward any contact to Keith Hackett and Graham Noakes who run the PGMOL.

By the way, this isn't strictly the subject of the thread but it is an example of the same phenomenom, motivated by the same desires/emotions/interests/etc.

Ryan Giggs has just left his foot in on a Wolfsburg player.

The player was left down and hurt.

A replay was shown, clearly showing the foul, which was over the top and late.

The commentators made absolutely no comment and no further replay was shown either during the match or at half time.

Nothing to do with the FA but totally motivated by the same things that motivate the FA to temper their own actions when dealing with certain clubs. Vested interests and the desire not to piss off the 'wrong' people whilst simultaneously buttering them up all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.