FA Watch

dannybcity said:
I hate to press the issue but 2 mins 'injury' time tonight. There was 3 goals, as we all know there's 30 secs each (everyone knows this rule right?) and 3 subs so by my reckoning thats 1 minute short.

+ any other stoppages, should have been at least 4 mins but we are only concentrating on the Prem for now.

kippaxblue76 said:
dannybcity said:
I hate to press the issue but 2 mins 'injury' time tonight. There was 3 goals, as we all know there's 30 secs each (everyone knows this rule right?) and 3 subs so by my reckoning thats 1 minute short.

+ any other stoppages, should have been at least 4 mins but we are only concentrating on the Prem for now.

Yeah I know, worth a quick mention though.

That one is not so much an inconsistency as much as it is a 'rule' that was invented for one match, never heard of before, will never be heard of again.

The most laughable thing is how the mass media were so keen to use it to justify the ridiculous injury time, doing features timing the gap between Bellamy's goal and kick off.

The 'rule' did not exist and never will, yet the debate was put to bed for the general public with bogus features by the media, using a made up rule to justify it.

Even worse, the so called guardians of the game, far from pointing out the error of people like the BBC, were quite happy for the myth to be spread as it saved real justification being made.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
That one is not so much an inconsistency as much as it is a 'rule' that was invented for one match, never heard of before, will never be heard of again.

The most laughable thing is how the mass media were so keen to use it to justify the ridiculous injury time, doing features timing the gap between Bellamy's goal and kick off.

The 'rule' did not exist and never will, yet the debate was put to bed for the general public with bogus features by the media, using a made up rule to justify it.

Even worse, the so called guardians of the game, far from pointing out the error of people like the BBC, were quite happy for the myth to be spread as it saved real justification being made.

The BBC even went as far as belittling Bowen for not knowing the rules after he kindly agreed to an interview!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:

Hammer-Nail-Lg--gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

The annoying thing is, it was lapped up by all and sundry (ie, daytripping rags).

At least it seems to have been noted across the wider football world - see Hamburg fan post on here.

Blueranger said:
Mark

If it is any help, should you wish for comment from the PGMOL (Professional Game Match Officials Ltd) then the most productive contact is KWright@pgmol.com

The person is Kelly Wright who will in turn forward any contact to Keith Hackett and Graham Noakes who run the PGMOL.

Thanks,

I'll pass this on to Not My Fault who deals with the media side of things for us.

Mark

Today is the day.

If the FA ban Ade i will be seething (i am seething now just thinking about it) and i hope City will not accept it due to the many many other incidents inc Van Pussy leaving the pitch to celebrate his in front of us, i am sure they have on file that went unpunished. Any sort of ban and i hope city throw thier weight behind thier solicitors and seriously go after the FA.

For me, and also fans of other teams who i work with, including Arsenal. Spurs, West Brom and Leicester , not a single one of them think he did anything wrong. 44 seconds from the goal to the kick off so no time wasting. Didnt leave the pitch, didnt remove his shirt, didnt make any gestures. So what if he ran to the other end of the pitch, its happened before with no punishments.

I even think a fine will be harsh on him, as he did no wrong. He cant be held responsible for the actions of the Arsenal fans who were totally out of order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.