FA Watch

My letter to the FA and their response (below) re missile throwing incidents and FA response:

(you will find no comment re Arsenal event and minimalist comment re United) I leave it for you to consider if this is what you wuld expect?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I note that in two consecutive games between Manchester City and Arsenal and Manchester United and Manchester City respectively, missiles were thrown hitting a steward and player respectively.
It is disappointing to note the lack of fast tracking by the FA to publically address these issues which are potentially far more serious than media led actions of various players. I hope we do not have to wait until someone is really hurt before a pro-active stance is made.

It is hard to find even mention of these events on your extensive web site which is overflowing in other areas.

We have been here before concerning passing the buck over security. I see no sanction or even intermediate emergency short-term measures taking place to secure the areas where these events have taken place. Whilst any criminal investigation will be a matter for the responsible authorities, The FA has the authority and its rules supposedly allocate responsibility for conduct of supporters where that can reasonable be allocated.

This is troubling but not surprising. I feel that it will be appropriate to write to FIFA to advise over the degree of action taken and time taken to react in due course and the message that is sent to those who engage in such activities as well as the severity of sanctions meted out to those responsible. It is difficult to consider supporting an application for the FA to hold and administer a future World Cup whilst it appears so backward in coming forward on real issues of security.

Yours in anticipation but not so much in expectation,

FA Email reply

Thank you for contacting The Football Association

Following the incidents that took place during the matches you refer to The FA took opportunity to remind fans, managers and players of their joint responsibility towards the game and strongly condemned any pitch invasions by fans.

The FA has also contacted Manchester United regarding the coin-throwing incident during the match against Manchester City.

We fully expect the Clubs to use all available means to identify and deal with the culprit appropriately and, along with the fan who entered the field of play, look to issue bans on attending future matches.

I hope this clarifies our position on this issue, thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards

Jenny Dainton

tokyostory88 said:
My letter to the FA and their response (below) re missile throwing incidents and FA response:

(you will find no comment re Arsenal event and minimalist comment re United) I leave it for you to consider if this is what you wuld expect?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I note that in two consecutive games between Manchester City and Arsenal and Manchester United and Manchester City respectively, missiles were thrown hitting a steward and player respectively.
It is disappointing to note the lack of fast tracking by the FA to publically address these issues which are potentially far more serious than media led actions of various players. I hope we do not have to wait until someone is really hurt before a pro-active stance is made.

It is hard to find even mention of these events on your extensive web site which is overflowing in other areas.

We have been here before concerning passing the buck over security. I see no sanction or even intermediate emergency short-term measures taking place to secure the areas where these events have taken place. Whilst any criminal investigation will be a matter for the responsible authorities, The FA has the authority and its rules supposedly allocate responsibility for conduct of supporters where that can reasonable be allocated.

This is troubling but not surprising. I feel that it will be appropriate to write to FIFA to advise over the degree of action taken and time taken to react in due course and the message that is sent to those who engage in such activities as well as the severity of sanctions meted out to those responsible. It is difficult to consider supporting an application for the FA to hold and administer a future World Cup whilst it appears so backward in coming forward on real issues of security.

Yours in anticipation but not so much in expectation,

FA Email reply

Thank you for contacting The Football Association

Following the incidents that took place during the matches you refer to The FA took opportunity to remind fans, managers and players of their joint responsibility towards the game and strongly condemned any pitch invasions by fans.

The FA has also contacted Manchester United regarding the coin-throwing incident during the match against Manchester City.

We fully expect the Clubs to use all available means to identify and deal with the culprit appropriately and, along with the fan who entered the field of play, look to issue bans on attending future matches.

I hope this clarifies our position on this issue, thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards

Jenny Dainton

It's good to see the FA are taking the matters you raise so seriously. Well done you blazers.

Here's a bit of research from the second half of Scum v Wolfsburg game:

There were three subs at 30 seconds each plus 30 seconds for minor time wasting. This gave 2 minutes extra time which is what the referee added at the end of the second half.

But surely the new Wiley/Atkinson Principle now applies whereby you time the goal celebrations and add that on too. The three second half goal celebrations were 45, 30 and 43 seconds long, 1 minute 58 seconds in total, as good as two minutes.

So what happened to the two extra minutes? I only ask because I want to know. Explanations very welcome. Should I just assume that the 'celebration' time was not needed as Fergie reminded the fourth official that Scum were winning!!

Or am I just being naive?

From Blue Vibe - all good points re: tonight's Rags game

1. Rooney rakes his boot down the back of Reid's heels long after the ball has gone. No action taken
2. Ref calls Rooney over clearly addressing him as 'WAZZA'
3. Ref was not going to send Richardson off until Rooney clearly instructs him to do so
4. Utd score in the 3rd of 4 added minutes, no time is added on for the celebration and the ref blows bang on 4 mins so Sunderland have no chance of getting a winner.

It's infuriating.

All good points.

Not forgetting that the referee getting cosy with 'Wazza' is the same man laughing and joking with the red nosed twat last weekend.

Notice how match of the day didn't zoom in at every angle looking at some of the things Rooney did in todays game as raised by the blue vibe post

not even a mention on his kick out at Reid, or his mouthing off to the ref so Richardson would be sent off

The fornicators can cheat but they can't hide ... so to speak.

The key issue is for us to be keping and eye on the inconsistencies in the reffing of games and the FA twnys' reaction to incidents.

Whilst I was at base so cynical about the FA's innate conservatism and cowardice, the sheer weight of reaction both amongst those whose bombarded the them with complaints and just by chatting with fans from other clubs... we are really moving the agenda on.

I still worry, though about the role of the rag press and rag media in dealings where top 4 interests are threatened (particularly when it touches on their beloved rags).

It seems to me that the FA is beginning to feel rattled. We can also keep up the prsuure on the so called football (rag) pundits and embarass the meeeja into toning down or replacing the worst offenders.

Good precedent was set by the way that BBC Sport had to drop that dear old donkey Bill Beaumont from rugby punditry when it became evident that he was too stupid to rise above his pro-England bias, opening him to angry reactions from other fans and embarrassed silences from fellow commentators.

Get those emails flying and maintain the pressure. Well done to all those who have already done so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.