FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

Their captain loses the ball, could lead to a goal, and the commentator announces that it's important to continue to play that well - upon which the co-commentator says something like "you couldn't be more right". We get caught out playing out from the back and it's unforgivable ....

Like watching one of our games on Sky

Bigger, stronger and more organised were Chelsea but this is Youth football and there is always positives to be taken. Wee Nemane was our biggest threat but just needs to work on his end product. Tosin looks solid at the back, heard a lot of praise for this lad and showed it tonight. Maffeo has to be given the opportunity to be Zabas successor, really like the look of him. Garcia and Celina were swamped! But they both showed some glimpses of quality, more so than most of the Chelsea players. How old is Angus Gunn? because that GK was bleeding awful!

BigOscar said:
Good effort boys, the result was not a fair reflection of the game, especially second half where we showed them up for what they are. Good to see the technical level of our boys is so high, but at youth level you will always come up against a group of giants every now and again who push you around and you just have to learn from it. These boys could be some players when they fill out physically in a couple of years

Great post....and young Garcia is a tremendous prospect.

Manchester_lalala said:
Ray78 said:
Harsh lessons but It's still valuable experience.

That's all that matters. Enjoyed that though. Loved it garcia got on the ball. Gave the ball away a bit to much, but some of his touches are really good. Chelsea where the better team overall, but they didn't look great.

Agree with that you cannot fault the team's effort. Still we are a work in progress and I wouldn't throw any of them in our current side in just yet.

Thought that was a great game and well done Chelsea. they were the better team for about an hour. I just thought we were too passive first half.

However, we gave it a good go second half and our midfield got a grip and we created chances to score. A silly mistake at the end cost us a third. However, this can happen when you try and play out from the back.

Plenty in there to think we can get a few players into the first team in the future.

For me Tosin and Manu look very good prospects. Also thought Maffeo, Humphries, Celina and Nemane did well.

I suppose the disappointment was our left hand side and that was down to good organisation by them

At times it looked like an U18 team taking on an U21 side. The difference in physicality was huge

As a game it was a bit of a one sided contest because Chelsea were just too big and powerful for our lads to cope with physically. It's effective at getting results at U18 level but you can see why no one has made the step up into their first team.

For us I think Maffeo looks a superb prospect, he is a proper fullback. Tough and tenacious but very comfortable and intelligent in possession, if anything I thought he outshone Angelino. Angelino was bullied physically by that unit on his side so it was difficult to make a judgement on him but you can definitely see potential.

Garcia looks like a real player, shame he got bullied like the rest of the team but he seems to be a tough little fucker and wouldn't give up despite the upward struggle against 6'8" heavyweight boxers.

Barker provided a couple of true moments of quality but ultimately suffered because the rest of the team weren't able to keep possession.

mad zab said:
Thought that was a great game and well done Chelsea. they were the better team for about an hour. I just thought we were too passive first half.

However, we gave it a good go second half and our midfield got a grip and we created chances to score. A silly mistake at the end cost us a third. However, this can happen when you try and play out from the back.

Plenty in there to think we can get a few players into the first team in the future.

For me Tosin and Manu look very good prospects. Also thought Maffeo, Humphries, Celina and Nemane did well.

I suppose the disappointment was our left hand side and that was down to good organisation by them

I wouldn't say we were passive. We tried to play with intelligence to overcome Chelsea's physicality. As we found out we are not at that level.

Ray78 said:
mad zab said:

I wouldn't say we were passive. We tried to play with intelligence to overcome Chelsea's physicality. As we found out we are not at that level.

I just think we gave them too much space and dropped too deep at times.

In the second half we pressed more and caused there defence problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.