FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

Agree with the last few posts ^

Colkett was very good. You wonder if he'll go the same way as McEachran did at Chelsea though.

Great game tonight + a great atmosphere, too. Chelsea were fantastic in the first half, some of the interplay between Colkett-Musonda-Brown was a joy to watch. If only we'd have taken one of those 2nd half chances and we'd be in with a good crack. But a 2 goal deficit against this Chelsea side will be very difficult to overturn.

Garcia and Celina were the standouts for me. Both kept the ball well under pressure and really pulled us back into the game around the 60 minute mark. Nemane and Buckley were also bright and worked their socks off.

Barker struggled, and needed to go looking for the ball more but he's still so talented. With the right attitude he can get to the top, tonight should be a good learning curve.

Was a real shame both Boadu and Ambrose were injured though, as they'd have added some much needed physicality and more penetrative attacking threat. Overall, thought the lads were a bit unlucky but Chelsea deserved the win. Look forward to the 2nd leg!

Chelsea did their homework and tactically out thought us. We were out coached tonight and I've said that far too many times in first team games as well. Whilst I feel having a whole club strategy is correct surely individual coaches should have the ability/permission to change things.
We played out from the back too much and they pressed us. The killer third being a fine example. They stopped our left side too easily and they swamped our midfield.
For me it needed a change tactically and like the first team there seems to be a grim determination to carry on regardless even if it is not working.

twosips said:

Colkett was very good. You wonder if he'll go the same way as McEachran did at Chelsea though.

you can just tell when a player could become class. He is one of them just like Mceachran. The problem players like him have is that when they get to the age of 21 they end up not playing and forever going out on loan to eventually be ruined. I dont get why Izzy brown went to chelsea when he could have been playing for west broms first team. if i was him id leave and go to somewhere that gives players chances

twosips said:
Christ that was fucking frustrating. Not only do I think we did ourselves a disservice, I also spent the whole game sat surrounding by fucking utter c**ts who spent the whole first half groaning, and im not kidding there was this one guy sat next me to who shouted "PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM, PRESS HIM" incessantly for the the whole game. Like ten times per minute until his throat was hoarse. Didn't even make sense. He was louder than Wilcox! Anyone sat in the West stand must have heard him? He was right next to me and he was utterly ridiculous - joined by his stuck in the 80s mate who kept shouting "GET STUCK IN. FUCKING HAVE HIM. KICK HIM FFS. DO SOMETHING - WHATS WRONG WITH YOU. PASS IT FUCKING FORWARD! NOT BACKWARDS!" - That last one in particular did my nut in. Then when they tried a speculative longer pass as demanded, he groaned like mad when it wasn't perfect. Clueless, negative shout-at-ten-year-old-kids-in-the-sunday-league type.

Both of them get up and walked off when the third went in. Utter c**ts. Do one and never come back.

The players looked anxious as fuck in that first half and none of them were anywhere near their best. Can't help think the collective groans from the crowds didn't help, but in general they were a little overawed by a very strong and very confident Chelsea side. Their first goal was a belter. Not much you can do about that. I still didn't think we were embarrassed though at any point in the first half (which Chelsea defo edged) and in the second half I thought we battled really well and a draw was the very least we deserved. My personal man of the match was Nemane - thought he was terrific. Chased everything, showed great skill and was a thorn in their side throughout for someone so small. Best i've seen him by a long way. Did a great SWP impression. Tosin A I thought was excellent too. He's so fucking measured - kid's got everything to go the top. He's seventeen. Christ.

We were hugely hampered by Bryan and Celina having massively indifferent games. Bryan was sloppy and Celina, apart from one thirty minute spell where he controlled the game in the second half, kept doing the fancy bit right but then fucking up the simple bit. They're both so much better than that. Garcia did okay, but was often out-muscled. Some lovely little moments, but I expected he'd find it hard against Chelsea's strength and pace. Definitely didn't embarrass himself though and its easy to forget how young he is - he'll become one of the main men next year for this age group.

I was a bit disappointed in the left axis that's usually so reliable. Barker has to learn how to be the star man, which I'm sure he will. I don't think he played with anywhere near as much intelligence as he usually does. He tried far too much and kept running blindly into people…yet as ever he still did some very good things. That assist was pure Hazard. Fantastic. He simply got carried away by the occasion and the crowd. I've noticed recently, which I like, he's starting to develop the tendency to drift inside more, a lot more than he was doing a few months ago - i think all of the best players start to learn that. Hazard, Messi did, Ronaldo did and even Bale did for Spurs. He's miles off them, obviously, but in this team he's starting to develop notable signs of being the main man, even if it didn't always quite come off for him. If we fuck it up with him we're fucking idiots. He's got too much latent talent.

Buckley worked hard and had a decent game I thought. Maffeo wasn't quite his commanding best but still solid, though got caught up the pitch a couple of times.

Ah well…i was proud of the lads. They fucking tried, and during the moments where they got their composure and played something like the football that they are capable of they had Chelsea on the rails. Chelsea are set up to win at this level, they're a very good team and with this line up i really felt this would probably be the outcome - they're simply bigger and stronger, and very good footballers too, but I still believe that we're better footballers, but not quite as physical, yet if we had had Ambrose and Boadu tonight we would have won we would have pace and strength in the middle of the pitch and we would have won. I'm certain. I remember Arsenal having someone a lot like Abraham called Jay Emmanuel Thomas who scored about 30 goals when he was younger for them who was about 6'2 and fast, and when he played amongst adults that meant fuck all and he's now in league 1 or sumat doing nowt.

Chelsea are very good, but I'm not convinced they'll all reach the top. Maybe im being naive...

Onwards and upwards City.

I'd wager more of our lot make it as top class pros than their lot. Feel confident about that.

PS - shout out to the atmosphere in general which was fucking ten times better than the Etihad (after they'd got over the initial moany usual Etihad groaning stuff) and the standing section was fantastic. Did a passable mini Dortmund impression singing the same song for about ten minutes nonstop. Loved it.

Atmos was great but I hope to fcuk we are not putting a drum in the main stadium...RIP City fans if that happens.Also,Im sure I heard music when we scored...please God no.

A thoroughly enjoyable night out, great effort from the boys and definitely a lot to be proud of. The singing section were brilliant, loved the Poznan and the mini brass band. Sounded fantastic.

twosips said:

I hope not.

I watched him in the UEFA Youth League semi and final and he bossed it there, the lad looks the real deal and a deep passing midfielder the England national team have been crying out for.

Hopefully he will be on loan next season but I agree with regards to his future.

The best and worst thing Chelsea did was appoint Mourinho, he will surely win them trophies but he will very rarely give their youth a chance.

Let's see if he keeps his promise of breaking through Loftus Cheek next season.

The size of that Chelsea team was ridiculous. How are some of them only 17? Their physicality won them the game, not saying there aren't technically good players in there too but it was men against boys stuff at times, they eased our smaller players off the ball like they wasn't there most of the time. Physicality always wins you trophies in youth leagues but they often struggle when it comes to stepping up to the premier league and all of a sudden you can't rely on you being bigger and stronger than your opponent. Stick to what we're doing, produce technically good footballers and worry about the physical stuff later on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.