FA Youth Cup Final - Chelsea v City - 27/4 7.45pm (ITV4) / tickets (merged)

How utterly chavlike of the Chelsea fans to rip the piss out of our keeper for the rest of the game after his unfortunate error.

I've not been to many youth games down the years but the prevailing mood is always one of generosity of spirit to opponents.

Fuckin arrivistes

Well, no because we'll continue to buy players. I wasn't saying we'll only produce 1 player every 10 years anyway.I was just trying to point out that's what I think the poster you replied to meant. We'll produce plenty of players that will have good careers in football but very few who make it with us.

Hopefully we start to produce many more but it's important to remember how outstanding most top players look at u18 level. People like Richards and Ireland looked sensational and Sturridge was on another level at the time. The jump is absolutely huge and out of last night's team nobody really shone in all honesty. Obviously like everyone else I've got high hopes for Diaz and he's got age on his side but the rest in the starting line up it looks highly unlikely any will be Champions League quality for us.

Davenport looks a fantastic prospect to me as do Sancho & DeleBashiru. Tosin has already outperformed Demichelis in the Premier League.

Ireland was nowhere near these lads at the same age imo btw.

Jack Byrne is a whole world better btw. And Denayer is way better than Richards was, as a footballer. Neither been anywhere near our first team.

He came across as such a massive arsehole in the first leg. When we scored and he said, "oh, there are some people here then," I genuinely hoped that he would get twatted on his way out of the ground. He says so little in so many words, yet another pundit stealing a fucking living.
How utterly chavlike of the Chelsea fans to rip the piss out of our keeper for the rest of the game after his unfortunate error.

I've not been to many youth games down the years but the prevailing mood is always one of generosity of spirit to opponents.

Fuckin arrivistes

Grimshaw posted a really downbeat message on twitter yesterday, he's clearly gutted about it. I hope the club and his teammates have given him some support.

Tough gig being a goalkeeper!

Having sat amongst them last night, as I said earlier in the thread, it was a very very weird crowd, seemed an awful lot of local council estate dwellers, who don't watch Chelsea very often (not surprising with their ticket prices). The main (rare) chants of the night were all about hating spurs (I've no great issue with that tbf), but quite a number seemed under the influence of various substances. Mixed in with this though, the range rover family brigade from surrey, not quite sure about the colourful language being used by the locals, oh and the tourist, spanish, italian speaking in the main, and some far east, most not even sure who they were supporting, resplendent in the half and half scarf, the spivs were selling outside.

It was quite a bizarre crowd all round.

TBF the Chelsea lads looked a couple of years ahead of city kids and we did give them a game in the 2nd leg but the goal just before half time was the killer. I felt the Chelsea player did foul a city player on the half way line before running onto the ball but got away with it

for me I don't see the youth setup working at the moment and it needs more mixed age group of lads work together and playing in a higher level league like a half of under 14 playing at the under 16 levels and we need to start to beef up the young lads more I know its nice on the eye this ticky tacky football but the strong lads of Chelsea we was just bouncing off them and falling over in tackles at times

also one other thing is the youth team manager does he stay on or does pep want his own man. for me working under the club manager is a must and pep get's full control of that even to a point of working together a couple times a week you must have your eye on everything and the youth is a big part

TBF the Chelsea lads looked a couple of years ahead of city kids and we did give them a game in the 2nd leg but the goal just before half time was the killer. I felt the Chelsea player did foul a city player on the half way line before running onto the ball but got away with it

for me I don't see the youth setup working at the moment and it needs more mixed age group of lads work together and playing in a higher level league like a half of under 14 playing at the under 16 levels and we need to start to beef up the young lads more I know its nice on the eye this ticky tacky football but the strong lads of Chelsea we was just bouncing off them and falling over in tackles at times

also one other thing is the youth team manager does he stay on or does pep want his own man. for me working under the club manager is a must and pep get's full control of that even to a point of working together a couple times a week you must have your eye on everything and the youth is a big part
You have your wish:

Diaz if anything is ahead of Iheanacho.
If we only get a first teamer every 10 years then that means it's the same for everyone else. That would be the end of football.
Yes a lot of people have high hopes for Diaz and hopefully his potential will be realised. I think we are not really the same as most teams anymore and moving forward I think only players of a very high quality will be capable of making our squad. Few from the academy will be able to step up unless and it may happen that we actively discriminate in favour of academy players. Many of the players who don't make the grade will drift to lower divisions or filter throughout Europe. The next few years will be crucial. At present I think we have 5 or 6 young players in the academy or on loan who could slip into our squad but I am not sure how many of these would have a good chance of becoming regulars.

Fuckin arrivistes

No, no, you're wrong... it's character building, according to the commentary team, and he needs to expect a lot worse if he's going to be a professional footballer.... Tossers

Yes a lot of people have high hopes for Diaz and hopefully his potential will be realised. I think we are not really the same as most teams anymore and moving forward I think only players of a very high quality will be capable of making our squad. Few from the academy will be able to step up unless and it may happen that we actively discriminate in favour of academy players. Many of the players who don't make the grade will drift to lower divisions or filter throughout Europe. The next few years will be crucial. At present I think we have 5 or 6 young players in the academy or on loan who could slip into our squad but I am not sure how many of these would have a good chance of becoming regulars.

It could be all, it could be none.

Imo the basic talent to play at Premier League level is there through most of the squads. It could be that we find that one or two of the most skilled players lack the required mentality, & one or two of the lesser lights have an extra drive which sees them step up. But imo almost all of them are good enough in ability.

I'm not worried that Chelsea have bigger lads at
The problem is the kids for some reason get compared to Aguero for ability rather than Kolarov imo.

Most of them can pass with both feet for a start.

Just read about one of Chelsea's kids, Kyle Scott putting in a transfer request after being left out of the second leg. Ordinarily I'd be screaming that he's trouble and we should stay away. I did watch them against the rags in one of the earlier rounds and thought he look fantastic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.