Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played like the average midfielder he is playing in an unfamiliar position.

Doesn't have a left foot so opponent knows all play can be funneled to him. You could see Kante squeezing up every time the ball was heading from Laporte to Delph. Came as a surprise that he attempted a cross-field ball with his left peg. Came as less of a surprise where the ball ended up.

I have sympathy for him, he’s a midfielder playing out of position, however I doubt his forward pass v backwards pass percentage would look overly impressive.

He's played almost exclusively in that position for over a year now at what point does it become familiar?
Probably when the previous dozen or so years experience in midfield fall out of his head.

I'm no fan, he was shit today. That's just what tends to happen to average players against good ones.

He was exposed in the second half, but it was obvious that Raheem had been told to stay up, because he offered almost no cover, and they took advantage.

We were shit as a team in the second half. Not really fair to criticise when nobody played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.