Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Manchester, one down, three to go!

This is a very astute piece of business on our part.

When you consider we got £2.5m for Sinclair, we are getting an England international for £5.5m.

We tried to buy him for double that price when he was at Leeds and he is has come a long way since then.

He has desire and the legs to give us a major uplift.

And call it football karma. We lost a £20m rated player for free the other week and we are replacing him with a younger upgrade who would also cost £20m plus in normal circumstances.

He absolutely bossed us at the Etihad the other month and dragged Villa back into that game.

Nice work.

Yeah, I highly rate him and he will definitely prove his doubters wrong.

New, younger Milner-esque signing. Love the value. Why do some folks think "cheap" equates to not good enough for City?

Welcome to Manchester, one down, three to go!

This is a very astute piece of business on our part.

When you consider we got £2.5m for Sinclair, we are getting an England international for £5.5m.

We tried to buy him for double that price when he was at Leeds and he is has come a long way since then.

He has desire and the legs to give us a major uplift.

And call it football karma. We lost a £20m rated player for free the other week and we are replacing him with a younger upgrade who would also cost £20m plus in normal circumstances.

He absolutely bossed us at the Etihad the other month and dragged Villa back into that game.

Nice work.
Are you expecting once the Sterling deal gets done we will move quickly on de Bruyne tolm?

Alright then, let's play your game...

Name me homegrown players that are worthy of being brought in at reasonable money who would be first team regulars?

I have no problem at all with the fee. Call me old fashioned but I don't like us signing players just to fill a quota and there is no way Delph would have agreed to join us to play a bit part role. No doubt we've given him assurances that he'll get lots of football for us but he won't. If we sign Pogba that makes Delph our 4th best midfield player so he can dream on playing in the CL and will probably only play in the league against the Watford's and Stokes. Like I said I see this ending in tears just my opinion.

Alright then, let's play your game...

Name me homegrown players that are worthy of being brought in at reasonable money who would be first team regulars?
Phil-Jones-gurning-face-as-Sergio-Aguero-scores.jpg

Very intelligent move. Signing Pogba and De Bruyne would be counter-productive without adding someone to help Fernandinho with the crucial dirty work in the engine room.

Looking forward to seeing him establish himself here. Bravo Txiki.

Great signing, without his contract clause he'd have cost north of £25M please don't compare him to Scott Sinclair, better comparative might be Paul Ince in his prime or the player Joey Barton thought he was. England midfielder at his peak, bags of energy, high work rate, maybe a long term replacement for Fernandinho who isn't getting any younger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.