Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Manchester, one down, three to go!

This is a very astute piece of business on our part.

When you consider we got £2.5m for Sinclair, we are getting an England international for £5.5m.

We tried to buy him for double that price when he was at Leeds and he is has come a long way since then.

He has desire and the legs to give us a major uplift.

And call it football karma. We lost a £20m rated player for free the other week and we are replacing him with a younger upgrade who would also cost £20m plus in normal circumstances.

He absolutely bossed us at the Etihad the other month and dragged Villa back into that game.

Nice work.

An excellent summary.

Welcome to Manchester, one down, three to go!

This is a very astute piece of business on our part.

When you consider we got £2.5m for Sinclair, we are getting an England international for £5.5m.

We tried to buy him for double that price when he was at Leeds and he is has come a long way since then.

He has desire and the legs to give us a major uplift.

And call it football karma. We lost a £20m rated player for free the other week and we are replacing him with a younger upgrade who would also cost £20m plus in normal circumstances.

He absolutely bossed us at the Etihad the other month and dragged Villa back into that game.

Nice work.
Agreed, fits the bill on so many points and not as bad a player as some on here are suggesting

Bale?

Maybe one of the Left backs?
I did say on the market!
I should have qualified the 'that we're not already in for' - I concede that.

My point being that there's no HG stunner on the market that we're overlooking. We're in for Sterling, and Delph is a no brainer.

I think Delph will play a lot more than some people think. I remember really wanting him at City back when he was a teenager and now he's here albeit not as good as I envisioned but still capable nonetheless.

I agree. Great signing. I wouldn't compare this with the signing of Sinclair etc, by any stretch.

In the context of requiring cheap homegrown players, he's a good bit of business, who can certainly play a part.

Now for the marquee players please.

He is far from class. I think you are suffering from blue tinted specs where you are trying to make this out to be bigger than it is. Yes we needed HG players but make no mistake he will not play a big role and will probably leave within a few seasons bemoaning lack of football.
Alright then, let's play your game...

Name me homegrown players that are worthy of being brought in at reasonable money who would be first team regulars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.