Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pity as would have been a great bit of business.

Schneiderlin would definitely add more quality than Delph would so hope we go for him.

I respect his decision, but you have to question his mental fortitude if he decided after one sleepless night that he couldn't go ahead with the move having previously agreed to it. I don't know if the media or Villa fans reaction got to him, but he seemingly didn't have the self-belief that he could break into our team. That's fair enough, and I don't bear any grudges against him, but he may live to regret his decision.

Ah well, not the end of the world. He's made his decision and we'll move on to other targets. Schneiderlin would be an obvious choice, if we can gazump United. Otherwise we could go back in for Barkley. I guess much depends on how confident we are over Pogba and De Bruyne, and whether we need to save money for those deals.

Just hope we get definitive answers soon so that we can pursue other targets if need be. The worst thing would be to put all our eggs in one basket and be left high and dry.

No need to flap just yet though. Still plenty of time left in the transfer window so judge Begiristain on 1st September.

I don't believe for one minute his story about reading the reactions of the Villa fans and having a change of heart. He was hard faced enough to insert the dirt cheap buyout clause when he signed his new contract. He did that because he wanted to move to a bigger club. For me there is only two possible reasons he backed out. The first is that he didn't think he was good enough to get into our first team, but surely he would have realised the size of the challenge before agreeing in the first place. The second and this is the one I think more likely. He has been told he will lose his England place if he isn't a regular starter for us.

I don't believe for one minute his story about reading the reactions of the Villa fans and having a change of heart. He was hard faced enough to insert the dirt cheap buyout clause when he signed his new contract. He did that because he wanted to move to a bigger club. For me there is only two possible reasons he backed out. The first is that he didn't think he was good enough to get into our first team, but surely he would have realised the size of the challenge before agreeing in the first place. The second and this is the one I think more likely. He has been told he will lose his England place if he isn't a regular starter for us.

Micah

Probably more of a grain of truth in that mate.Our Woy probably had a word in his shell like and explained he possibly wouldn`t be considered if only playing a bit part at City.

I respect his decision, but you have to question his mental fortitude if he decided after one sleepless night that he couldn't go ahead with the move having previously agreed to it. I don't know if the media or Villa fans reaction got to him, but he seemingly didn't have the self-belief that he could break into our team. That's fair enough, and I don't bear any grudges against him, but he may live to regret his decision.

Ah well, not the end of the world. He's made his decision and we'll move on to other targets. Schneiderlin would be an obvious choice, if we can gazump United. Otherwise we could go back in for Barkley. I guess much depends on how confident we are over Pogba and De Bruyne, and whether we need to save money for those deals.

Just hope we get definitive answers soon so that we can pursue other targets if need be. The worst thing would be to put all our eggs in one basket and be left high and dry.

No need to flap just yet though. Still plenty of time left in the transfer window so judge Begiristain on 1st September.
Careful Ric, I've been getting slaughtered for saying players like Schneiderlin could be a quality addition to the City team/squad, and can cost an awful lot less than some others.

Anyone who seriously thinks that the Captain of another Prem team, who recently became an international, and who is hoping to go to the Euros as a starter, is going to come to City to play third fiddle to the likes of Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Sterling, Navas, Fernandinho, Fernando, and possibly Pogba and are Bruyne is mental! He isn't better than any of the playmakers, lacks the quality of most of the ball winners, and certainly cannot play on the wings! He has found his level. Though he might be able to look like an England starter, it is comical to think he would be anything other than a 60-70 minute sub to give a City starter a break, or cover for injuries and in Cup games!

In this instance, a move could almost ONLY be seen as a mercenary move. Instead, now he looks like his shirt doesn't stink and has given the finger to one of the "big boys" and is "Villa through and through!" I know, laughable, but todays media is so schlocky and dull that THAT is the story here!

Good luck to him. I hope it works out for him, but I doubt he will win a medal anywhere in the next few years, least of all at Villa.

If it's the latter then I think it's a bit foolish on his behalf. He's up against Wilshire, Carrick, Henderson, Barkley and Milner (assuming he gets regular starts for Liverpool in central midfield) for a place in the national team. His place in the side is far from assured, even by staying at Villa.

Probably more of a grain of truth in that mate.Our Woy probably had a word in his shell like and explained he possibly wouldn`t be considered if only playing a bit part at City.

Woy came out in the media last year and said he was worried about England players not being first choice for their clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.