Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes mentioned loan.

Yes, yet that was before the Telegraph piece was published saying we've been offered a fee.

Good piece of business for both sides I think, if it happens.

When he was fit a lot of fans (me included) were impressed with his performances, and thought if he remained that way that he'd get more games.

His injury record is really the main issue. He will help with their midfield which could use another player like him to build up to their attacking players. He's also a leader (was the Villa captain), and has pace (their midfield does not), and we know he is good at team play and effort. Stoke underachieved last season, I think, compared to what they were looking like the season before. Their attack was not as good. Too many passengers on Stoke, and Delph is not only the opposite of this but outspoken, has the quality for a club of their level to lead, and maybe up the games of others.

Of course, the fitness issue is going to be the big question mark looming around.

Hope this goes through, and I would wish him well.

£12 million is nothing for Delph in a world where Troy Deeney is valued at £30 million. I still see a good role for him in the squad if he can stay fit but he doesn't seem to be able to and so he needs guaranteed football when he is fit, especially given it's a world cup year, Southgate hasn't picked him yet and doesn't seem to be on his radar and given Englands recently friendlies any midfielder with two legs stands a chance of starting in midfield in the summer if they hit a bit of form.

if he's wanted on loan it may not be a terrible idea tbh. A year to get fit, regular games and a chance to make the world cup would mean we can either take back the player we wanted him to be the following season which would help with the homegrown quota, or we sell him for Homegrown premium which could easily be double+ the £12 million being touted next season after a good year. If he doesn't do well or spends most of it injured, his value is unlikely to decrease anyway.

Last edited:
If we sell Delph, Won't we run short on HG quota? I mean we need at least 5 HG players don't we?

If we sell Delph, Won't we run short on HG quota? I mean we need at least 5 HG players don't we?

We could do so easier if we sign Walker and Bertrand.

Also probably why we don't sell Delph until those deals are farther along. Yet, that delay could also jeopardise the sale. They could spend their transfer kitty elsewhere, and wait us out hoping we have less options to sell, and possibly forcing a loan.

Remember him tweeting that surprising things were going to happen, think he was referring to him trying the left back position. Never happened, yet we fucked about no end at right back. I think he is a very good player, given the chance. £12m could be a steal.

No, you can just leave the slots open if you don't have enough senior homegrown players.

But that means a smaller squad? Not sure I am convinced by that given the injury record we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.