Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man was literally a revolving door in our backline last season whenever he played, on other days he was injured. But bargain because he had a decent run of form in 100 pt season.

Yep,£8m very well spent,i don't understand people who want our players to go abroad to a crappy league just to get rid,i suspect he has no real connection to the club if he thinks like that

The crappy league will offer him game time and leadership along with CL football unlike moves to West Ham. If I wished bad for him I'd wish for him to be binned back to Villa or somewhere in championship.

Praising technically limited workhorses because they're nice and professional. Not really my thing
Christ, the guy's won two Premier League titles and a domestic treble with us. Have a bit of respect. If he hadn't had such bad luck with injuries he'd have sailed past 100 appearances - he'd be nearer 150, I imagine. As it was, he was a dutiful squad player who kept his head down and, until very recently, produced his best for us without ever complaining about lack of game time. He rescued that 17/18 season when we were without a fully qualified left-back and was a big part of the reason why we got 100 points. There's not many of his type about these days, we were lucky enough to have him for four years.

You'd have been an idiot to think our pursuit of Rodri, for example, was mere speculation until yesterday when it was made official.

Mangala has been surplus for the past 3 seasons,he's still here.

He's been out with a serious knee injury for one and a half of those three seasons.

Completely different case, we were probably banking on him having a reasonable spell with Everton and then selling him on before he did his ACL.

Delph is going into his last contract year - like David, Fern, Mangala and Bravo.

If we don't sign another HG player - and it seems we won't - Delph could stay on a HG spot and run down his last year.
City won't force him out, and how could they?

Realistically he won't get many minutes though if any.
He should care for his career and find a new challenge that fits his style and also his family situation.

Given his contract situation and injuries I don't see much demand for a transfer.
No problem, he's a good lad and strange enough an England mid, but maybe not anymore for EURO 2020?
He would need more playing time to fight for it.

Christ, the guy's won two Premier League titles and a domestic treble with us. Have a bit of respect. If he hadn't had such bad luck with injuries he'd have sailed past 100 appearances - he'd be nearer 150, I imagine. As it was, he was a dutiful squad player who kept his head down and, until very recently, produced his best for us without ever complaining about lack of game time. He rescued that 17/18 season when we were without a fully qualified left-back and was a big part of the reason why we got 100 points. There's not many of his type about these days, we were lucky enough to have him for four years.

We still do technically, I think it is time we did move him on. His injury record and form last year was enough evidence that it's time. He has my respect, but some of the posters here are giving him way too much credit outside of having a decent run of form.
Delph is going into his last contract year - like David, Fern, Mangala and Bravo.

If we don't sign another HG player - and it seems we won't - Delph could stay on a HG spot and run down his last year.
City won't force him out, and how could they?

Realistically he won't get many minutes though if any.
He should care for his career and find a new challenge that fits his style and also his family situation.

Given his contract situation and injuries I don't see much demand for a transfer.
No problem, he's a good lad and strange enough an England mid, but maybe not anymore for EURO 2020?
He would need more playing time to fight for it.

Should offer him to Bournemouth and try and snatch Aké.

Mangala has been surplus for the past 3 seasons,he's still here.
Because he was injured and unsellable. We’ve certainly tried...

Delph is still a useful player who would get a significant role at plenty of decent teams. Considering Arsenal has £0 to spend this summer they should be all over him, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.