Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
A minor point as well, but if Yaya is moving on we could use a reliable penalty taker. Fabinho has never missed for Monaco, 15 from 15.

Not sure if he will improve our starting Eleven.
I don't think he is great either but he seems locked in so I'll support.

Good height
Good brain
Great energy
Multiple role adaptability
Decent technique.
Good speed and stride
Goid in the tackle
Decent cross

So there is a lot to like. Just not my first or 2nd choice.

He played most of games this season as a CM not as a RB.

We already have Dinho, Gundogan to fill this position.

He played most of games this season as a CM not as a RB.

We already have Dinho, Gundogan to fill this position.

Correct, and we got slapped out of the UCL in the round of 16 with one, despite how highly I rate Dinho, and the other has proven useless due to his unfortunate injury record
We have had to timidly rotate Fernandinho and Yaya Toure over the past 2 months in light of the heavy schedule we had (/should have had if we produced and got through), and they are both too old to play consistently in the single pivot role game after game

I am absolutely flabbergasted that anyone thinks we have enough players in the centre of the pitch
We have Delph Fernando and Aleix Garcia as subs and foils to the two main players who are both well over 30 now

In my opinion we need 2 players in central midfield positions, to have real strength over the '4' and two '8' positions we play
The number of options we have in there is low to none, with us trying to be clever and get away with it (I know Pep is doing his best with whats available), and it ultimately costing us with flat performances at home to Stoke to name just one recently

Fabinho is only 23, Dahoud even younger, so it is just easy quality business to do, in another position we have woefully ignored for 4 windows straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.