Fabio Coentrao

Beyond gutted. One of my favourite players in world football ending up at United. Fantastic player. Why on earth has he been allowed to go there on loan? Fuming

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Wardie said:
He's not that good did nothing under Mourinho.

Overrated.
He's mediocre at best. Don't understand the reaction on this thread.
He's a good layer, but nowhere near as good as Marcelo and is not better than Evra.

Smacks to me like a bit of a desperate signing. We need to make a signing and we can get Coentrao which will look good. But does it improve the team? It improves the squad of course, but Evra usually plays most weeks.

BigOscar said:
Beyond gutted. One of my favourite players in world football ending up at United. Fantastic player. Why on earth has he been allowed to go there on loan? Fuming

Because, if United actually complete this deal, they were willing to pay £6million (pretty much the same we paid for Clichy on a permanent basis) to Real Madrid for just a year of Coentrao's services. Helps pay off the Bale deal and Marcelo is still there.

Jumanji said:
Andouble said:
Blue Haze said:
Evra on current form is better. Doesn't address an area of need for them at all.

Evra is from the Clichy school of crossing.

Coentrao is 100x better attacking fullback, crosses into RVP and Fellaini all day long, some ugly ugly (but will be effective) football to be played at the swamp
Truth.

Yeah I agree as well.

United have got a great team now set up for strong wing play with RVP and Fellaini nodding the goals home!

Not the philosophy of football I enjoy but it will be effective for them.

its not happening.apparently madrid tried to buy a player from granada but it didnt go through so now madrid have decided to keep contrao.

Not official yet, reports that paperwork came in late. Don't know what to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.