Fabrice Muamba

BlakeTheBlue said:
A dear friend of mine who was in the prime of her life went into cradiac arrest on the operating table a few years back. Her brain went without Oxygen for over 40 mins. I've heard reports that Fabrice went between 10 mins and 2 HOURS!... If it's 10 mins then he will be very lucky not to have brain damage, If it's 2 Hours then it will take a miricle for him to pull through...

Thoughts be with you Fabrice.

If he is on life support do they have more time to restart his heart?

BlakeTheBlue said:
A dear friend of mine who was in the prime of her life went into cradiac arrest on the operating table a few years back. Her brain went without Oxygen for over 40 mins. I've heard reports that Fabrice went between 10 mins and 2 HOURS!... If it's 10 mins then he will be very lucky not to have brain damage, If it's 2 Hours then it will take a miricle for him to pull through...

I'm not in any way medically trained so not sure if this is right but isn't the act of cpr meant to keep the oxygen moving to the brain?

Bluemoon dan said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

I'm not in any way medically trained so not sure if this is right but isn't the act of cpr meant to keep the oxygen moving to the brain?

Yes.... CPR is just a delaying operation... It does not restart the heart.
It keeps the brain oxygenated, before further advanced care can be administered.

Bluemoon dan said:

Yes,chest compressions mimic the actions of the heart and keep blood pumping around the body thus supplying Oxygen.The defib is used to shock the heart into rythm so it starts working again.

my daughter has had 3 bbms saying he has died 2 hours ago
she isnt sure who he is and asked me who is it,cant find anything on the www.

shocking,i remember lakey going down and having a fit,that shook me up no end.

really hope this lad pulls through and is 100
% ok when he wakes.

levets said:
Bluemoon dan said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

Yes.... CPR is just a delaying operation... It does not restart the heart.
It keeps the brain oxygenated, before further advanced care can be administered.

Ahh i see. That jas just cleared something up for me, thank you. You see my mate lost a lot of blood durin the operation, CPR was ofcourse administerd but she is braindamaged due to the lack of oxygen her brain recieved durin that time. So i thought CPR was just an attempt to restart the heart? If it indeed does keep the blood flowing then it would appear her blood loss was so severe that this is why there wasn't enough Oxygen to the brain... Simply not enough blood in the first place?

In that case then there is indeed a lot more hope for Fabrice than i thought... that's great news.

I hope this is the outcome for Fabrice and for his family. Originally reported June last year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8592288/Grandmother-in-miracle-back-to-life-recovering-after-cardiac-arrest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... rrest.html</a>

I only posted the link as the article gives a little bit of detail regarding the chances of survival etc, with time scales very similar to what happened on Saturday and it may not be to everyone's liking. However the article starts...

Grandmother in 'miracle' recovery after large cardiac arrest
A grandmother who stopped breathing for more than half an hour after suffering a heart attack awoke to find relatives had already cut off locks of her hair, in a case that has left the medical profession astounded.

Im sure the media will know before whoever started the rumour on blackberry messanger. Some rag on my facebook has just posted RIP Muamba, probably wants attention.

Some people don't cease to amaze do they? The man might be on his death bed and they are just spreading rumours on FB and BBM.Pathetic.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.