Fabrice Muamba

541147812.jpg

A nice touch from Madrid. I echo the words, get well soon Fabrice.

The Solbakken story........

During training on 13 March 2001 Solbakken had a heart attack. He was attended to rapidly by the club doctor Frank Odgaard who upon noticing something was very wrong tried to find his pulse and noticed his heart had stopped beating. He asked a player to call an ambulance and to tell them it was critical, whilst he continued to administer cardiac massage. Upon the ambulance arrival, he was pronounced clinically dead at the scene. On the way to the hospital he was revived nearly seven minutes later in the ambulance. He survived the episode and now has a pacemaker fitted. The heart attack was the result of a previously undetected heart defect.

He is now currently managing Köln in the Bundesliga, hope this gives everyone some hope!

The hospital and club released a joint statement on Sunday night saying the player remained in a critical condition.

The statement read: "Fabrice Muamba remains in a critical condition in intensive care in the Heart Attack Centre at the London Chest Hospital.

"There will be no further update tonight."

My guess is that it will be a good few days now before there is any change for the better or worse.

Obviously all of this must be unimaginably hard for the family but it's during this time that my sympathies really go out to them. The waiting and the praying. The feeling of uselessness. It must be torturous.

It's possible he's already braindead. How can any person go 2 hours without a beating heart and survive without massive organ damage? :(

Still praying for Muamba to pull through, not expecting it though.

Blue Haze said:
It's possible he's already braindead. How can any person go 2 hours without a beating heart and survive without massive organ damage? :(

i dont think its likely he went braindead, he would have been in the hospital within 20 minutes on life support, the critical thing is what happend in those first 20 minutes the medics could have got him going again they may have faild this is the danger period<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:10 am --<br /><br />
marco said:
Blue Haze said:

i dont think its likely he went braindead, he would have been in the hospital within 20 minutes on life support, the critical thing is what happend in those first 20 minutes the medics could have got him going again they may have faild this is the danger period
i'd say 20 minutes is enough for the brain to die i'm sure ive heard its a maximum of seven unless the body temprature is below -10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.