Face mask Friday

Totally agree with you that if you are going out and about in shops and stuff you should wear one for the time being, after all its not going to do any harm.

I am just not convinced it is going to help the economy as there will be plenty like me who simply wont bother and will do without something rather than do battle with a shop wearing a mask. I would say £25 since Friday has stayed in my pocket that would have gone in the local shops, not a fortune but ....
Had them in Scotland for 3 weeks no, not made the slightest difference to our business, not had a single customer complain or say they were staying away. Not heard any complaints from our neighbouring businesses either. Lot of fuss about nothing from what I can see. In fact becoming something of a fasion statement around here.

I'm sure there'll be an element of that in the early stages. But my own experience here suggests it won't last; people just get used to wearing them and crack on with their lives pretty much as usual.

Time will tell of course.

I wont change, I will wear one for travel as required as I want to travel enough to put up with one whilst at airports or on a plane. Shops, supermarkets ect no chance whatsoever I will just stay away.

just been to the fishing shop, when I've got my mask on with my specs its a fucking nightmare ,specs kept steaming up
This was a nightmare for me at the start as well. If you get a mask with a bit of metal in (like the paper surgical masks), you can bend that tight round your nose and have the top part of the mask under your glasses. Pretty much eliminates the problem.

I've also read that washing the lenses with fairy liquid or shaving foam before you go out stops them from steaming up but I've not bothered trying it since I discovered the first trick.

just been to the fishing shop, when I've got my mask on with my specs its a fucking nightmare ,specs kept steaming up

I’m hoping this is the miracle cloth.

No liquids and reusable. If it works it’ll make things a lot easier.

Went to the local shop today,everyone in masks,the staff were in masks and visors but some of them were already doing it and the screens have been up for ages. It is difficult to wear a mask even for the fifteen mins I had one on when my breathing is not great,

Went to the local shop today,everyone in masks,the staff were in masks and visors but some of them were already doing it and the screens have been up for ages. It is difficult to wear a mask even for the fifteen mins I had one on when my breathing is not great,

I'm sure you know this, but try a few different types. Defo found that some ones are much more wearable than others. Ordered a custom one offline and I can't stand it. Very uncomfortable to wear and breathe in. The simple blue medical ones on then other hand are notably more breathable and comfortable. Seem to fit better too. They all seem a bit different.

I've cracked it. I'm wearing it, but only over my mouth so I can breathe through my nose. Seen loads of people doing it and I can't be challenged by anyone because I'm still wearing the damn thing. Sorted!

Definitely a fashion statement with the kids (kids always like wearing masks anyway). but some of the older population are the ones that aren't (based on a few trips to the supermarkets!). I've noticed I've started pulling the quizzing eyebrow at people that don't wear them...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. It's no biggy.
Actually I've found I'm finding myself increasingly attracted to women wearing them. I think this is due to the facial expressions being concentrated in the eyes...it goes deeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.