Face mask Friday

Lidl and B & Q Oldham today...Lidl one guy without anything & 2 under their chins apart from that everyone although both places quiet before 9.00 had one on.

Most seem to be adhering to it round here, though I noticed plenty going in and out of the corner shop without masks.

I have thus far managed to avoid going anywhere where one is required, and have saved a few quid already by employing that strategy. I used to have to work in the bloody things so will avoid them where ever i can.

Frankly I am far from convinced that they are any use, and think this new "law" is yet another utter shambles courtesy of this government. The wearing of them should be by choice. If people feel safer by wearing one then crack on.

The wearing of them should be by choice. If people feel safer by wearing one then crack on.
The idea is that you're protecting each other by wearing a mask, not yourself. There really isn't much point in wearing one if no one else is, so it requires everyone to get on board with it to be effective.

We've been wearing them for months here; it really isn't the drama some people seem intent on making it.

The idea is that you're protecting each other by wearing a mask, not yourself. There really isn't much point in wearing one if no one else is, so it requires everyone to get on board with it to be effective.

We've been wearing them for months here; it really isn't the drama some people seem intent on making it.

Totally agree with you that if you are going out and about in shops and stuff you should wear one for the time being, after all its not going to do any harm.

I am just not convinced it is going to help the economy as there will be plenty like me who simply wont bother and will do without something rather than do battle with a shop wearing a mask. I would say £25 since Friday has stayed in my pocket that would have gone in the local shops, not a fortune but ....

just been to the fishing shop, when I've got my mask on with my specs its a fucking nightmare ,specs kept steaming up
Wear a mask that fits properly around the bridge of your nose, breath in through your nose out through your mouth, problem fixed.

Totally agree with you that if you are going out and about in shops and stuff you should wear one for the time being, after all its not going to do any harm.

I am just not convinced it is going to help the economy as there will be plenty like me who simply wont bother and will do without something rather than do battle with a shop wearing a mask. I would say £25 since Friday has stayed in my pocket that would have gone in the local shops, not a fortune but ....
I'm sure there'll be an element of that in the early stages. But my own experience here suggests it won't last; people just get used to wearing them and crack on with their lives pretty much as usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.