Factual Old-school City Myths that are untrue

Nicky Reid lost my cricket ball.

That is actually true but has until yet failed to capture the imagination of the public.

Remember the Duxbury one well. David Oldfield got one of the goals. Great atmosphere in the scoreboard end that day. God I'd love to take today's team there with that allocation rather than the bit we get now out of the way. It would be fucking dynamite.

So did he play in Albiston's or not? I can't tell :-/

We played two testimonials over the summer of '88. Arthur Albiston's was at the end of the season on the 8th May and Kevin Moran's on 21st August. I'm sure Stewart played in Albiston's as I remember thinking this will be his last game for City? Duxbury's was'89. The main thing I remember from one of the games was United wheeling out a few old boys like Wilkins and Stapleton and then Stapleton chasing a ball towards the City fans and pulling his hamstring... much to the amusement of us all... cue "Ohhhh Wanky Franky...."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.