failsworth blues

O.K, I have to ask, do any of you lads know Hayden Foy? I think he took over the Falsworth supporters branch from his Dad, Barry. P.S is Tinker still around ?

I knew Barry Foy, he lived on my street.. I also knew him from the pre Railway days when meetings were held at the Woodman inn.
Railway went downhill when non-blues took over, I went in bout 4yrs ago and it was like a morgue, although all the city memorabilla was still in the back room.. prob ended up on Ebay.

blumoonrisen said:
I knew Barry Foy, he lived on my street.. I also knew him from the pre Railway days when meetings were held at the Woodman inn.
Railway went downhill when non-blues took over, I went in bout 4yrs ago and it was like a morgue, although all the city memorabilla was still in the back room.. prob ended up on Ebay.

Is Barry still around? He lived on Evening street, just off Oldham rd. I haven't seen him since 1978, he and my Dad were buisiness partners. He was City mad, I used to go to the match with him and my Dad back in the seventies.

Barcon said:
blumoonrisen said:

Is Barry still around? He lived on Evening street, just off Oldham rd. I haven't seen him since 1978, he and my Dad were buisiness partners. He was City mad, I used to go to the match with him and my Dad back in the seventies.
Dunno mate, its bout 20yrs ago when I last saw him, I used to work with him at Oldham council.. He used to live on Mather st, must have been before he lived on Evening st.
He was indeed a top blue, I did a few away trips on the Failsworth SC coaches with him.

Barcon said:
blumoonrisen said:

Yes he is still around, my dad says he is anyway.

wheatsheaf in failsworth is a big blue pub and the woodman on the hollinwood / failsworth border is a mix as the owner is a blue and the landlord is a red. But some great banter in there. This is where i watch games and also drink.

shikariblue said:
Barcon said:
blumoonrisen said:

Yes he is still around, my dad says he is anyway.

That's great to hear, he must be hitting 70 or so by now. If anyone ever sees him, please pass on regards from Geds lad in Canada.

Blumoonrisen, cheers for that, Barry lived on Evening st. in the 70's when Hayden was just a baby. he must have moved later on.

Barry is still around and pops in the Wheatsheaf every now and again. I'll be in there sunday for the Liverpool game, always a good laugh no matter what the result.
Derby day I went in there, the place was packed and 15 mins before ko there was a powercut ! All the pubs from the Woodman down to Failsworth Pole lost their power, cue mass exodus! Funny when we left the pub to find somewhere to watch the match there were loads of people piling out of all the pubs along Manchester Rd.

Chris Mac said:
Barry is still around and pops in the Wheatsheaf every now and again. I'll be in there sunday for the Liverpool game, always a good laugh no matter what the result.
Derby day I went in there, the place was packed and 15 mins before ko there was a powercut ! All the pubs from the Woodman down to Failsworth Pole lost their power, cue mass exodus! Funny when we left the pub to find somewhere to watch the match there were loads of people piling out of all the pubs along Manchester Rd.
Chris it was the funniest thing ever. We were Sat in the woodman and Alan got a text asking if he had power when he said yes within 2 minutes people were there. Never seen big kev move that quick. Had a good mix of reds and blue's x

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.