Fake faith for school?

Cellarite

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
Team supported
Manchester City
It's being discussed on BBC at the moment. The reason I ask is because living in Hull means the schools round here are shite. The best school in the area is a catholic school. I'm a catholic but don't believe in god. The kids aren't christened but a teacher at the eldest lad's primary school told me that in my position, he'd christen his child catholic to get him in there. The lad is interested in this school but I need to act quick because he only has a year left at primary school.

Yep I got our first christened for the same reason, so she could go to a catholic school if it was the best in the area.

It was a pointless exercise though, because last I heard the catholic primary school had filled up with poles and the standards had gone down as a result of the language issues.

Do what is best for your kids.

I'd be a total hypocrite if it meant getting my kids into a good school.

My daughter is currently in year 10 at Trinity Church of England High School in Hulme , Manchester , but she has no interest whatsoever in religion , or going to church !

And neither do most others there from what i can see !

Quite frankly the only chance God would have of getting into her life would if he suddenly exploded onto the music scene as an R&B , or a Rap star !

I had to go to church every week with my parents for 4 years to get in to secondary school. We did that because it was the best school around unless you were willing to pay to go to a public school. It went up to 5 years when my brother went and now it is seven years if you want to apply and stand a chance to get in.

None of us in my family are religious but my parents gave up every Sunday just so we'd have a good education.

citykev28 said:
It's being discussed on BBC at the moment. The reason I ask is because living in Hull means the schools round here are shite. The best school in the area is a catholic school. I'm a catholic but don't believe in god. The kids aren't christened but a teacher at the eldest lad's primary school told me that in my position, he'd christen his child catholic to get him in there. The lad is interested in this school but I need to act quick because he only has a year left at primary school.

I had my lad Christened Catholic so he could get in the best school, its no big deal and you get to have a piss up after the christening and he gets in the best school, double whammy.

He got his report last week, one of the remarks was that he had performed really well in the "understanding Islam" project that they did. I dont remember doing anything like that at school. Why do they have to understand Islam??

mikey4 said:
citykev28 said:

I had my lad Christened Catholic so he could get in the best school, its no big deal and you get to have a piss up after the christening and he gets in the best school, double whammy.

He got his report last week, one of the remarks was that he had performed really well in the "understanding Islam" project that they did. I dont remember doing anything like that at school. Why do they have to understand Islam??
Political correctness. Take Leicester for an example for every 1 catholic there are three muslims (Aprox) and now the schools are making classes learn about Islam from as young as six or seven it is ridiculous, I have nothing against muslims or any other religion but parents should decide if they want there children learning about other religions

Johnsonontheleft said:
Yep I got our first christened for the same reason, so she could go to a catholic school if it was the best in the area.

It was a pointless exercise though, because last I heard the catholic primary school had filled up with poles and the standards had gone down as a result of the language issues.

Church attendances have increased because of migration from Poland. Their Kids have as much of a right to an education as yours do.

I've worked with Muslims who were educated at Cathedral Schools, C of E Primaries or Roman Catholic Schools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.