Fake faith for school?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Play the game and get them christened. A good education is more important than paying lip-service to some mumbo-jumbo.

Just make sure you tell him all catholic priests are paedophiles though, so he doesn't get brainwashed.

Tell him all Muslims are terrorist as well...

BulgarianPride said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Play the game and get them christened. A good education is more important than paying lip-service to some mumbo-jumbo.

Just make sure you tell him all catholic priests are paedophiles though, so he doesn't get brainwashed.

And all Jews are frugal.

peoffrey said:
BulgarianPride said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And all Jews are frugal.
ssshhhhhhh it's only Christians you're allowed to slag - racist!

peoffrey said:
BulgarianPride said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

And all Jews are frugal.
Nothing wrong with being frugal. But I always offer to buy you a drink.

citykev28 said:
It's being discussed on BBC at the moment. The reason I ask is because living in Hull means the schools round here are shite. The best school in the area is a catholic school. I'm a catholic but don't believe in god. The kids aren't christened but a teacher at the eldest lad's primary school told me that in my position, he'd christen his child catholic to get him in there. The lad is interested in this school but I need to act quick because he only has a year left at primary school.
There's barely anything anyone could mention that's a bigger load of bollocks than religion. But these primary schools are often the best. My parents didn't believe in god or miracles or religion in any way but sent me to a CofE primary school. By the time I was a teenager I'd made my own mind up that heaven, hell, the parting of seas and god were bullshit but I reckon good ethics were drummed into me (well it's almost brainwashing when you look at what the young kids are told by religious schools) moreso than they would have been at any other kind of primary school, as well as good quality teaching, so it does have it's benefits!

One advantage of faith (Catholic) schools is that the kids are usually very well behaved.

"Any more of that and I'll have to get Father Stephen" was usually enough to shut our classes up (awaits puns)

i reckon, on the whole, that the kids at my high school (st.pat's eccles) were better behaved than the CofE kids at Wentworth (ellesmere park). I definitely think catholic schools encourage better behaviour for some reason. i might just do it. he needs to make his mind up soon though.

Catholic schools reserve around 30% of places for non catholics, these are usually allocated on proximity of the childs home address to the school, so you've got a chance without getting your child baptised, just ask the school for a copy of its admissions policy. If you get your child baptised you will be expected to bring them up in the catholic tradition and if the priest thinks you aren't genuine he's under no obligation to baptise your child (unlike an anglican priest), I don't know the rules but I would imagine if you're not married for example it might make things difficult.

I would say at the end of the day it's a matter for your own conscience, but it is dishonest to have your child baptised into a faith without any intention to raise them in it.

My mate did this too and his teenage girls have had a great education. They're putting it about a bit now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.