Falcao’s father confirms Premier League interest

GerBlueBear said:
Unfortunately, unless we shift a striker oursleves in January this won't happen.

If he does join Chelski in Jan then I reckon we'll step it up big time to get Cavani next summer.

This is a Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo situation. He's that good, you simply buy him and sell later.

VOOMER said:
GerBlueBear said:
Unfortunately, unless we shift a striker oursleves in January this won't happen.

If he does join Chelski in Jan then I reckon we'll step it up big time to get Cavani next summer.

This is a Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo situation. He's that good, you simply buy him and sell later.
Sell both Dzeko and Mario just get this guy in imo. A front 3 of Tevez Aguero and Falcao.... Honestly think half the Etihad would be busy tossing themselves off during games tbh.

Armaan said:
VOOMER said:
GerBlueBear said:

Sell both Dzeko and Mario just get this guy in imo. A front 3 of Tevez Aguero and Falcao.... Honestly think half the Etihad would be busy tossing themselves off during games tbh.
I think every city fan would swap Mario and Dzeko for Facao (apart from Mancio) but I cant see Mancini getting rid of Balo.

Falcao/Tevez/Aguero plus Guidetti in the wings Jesus Christ, and it is possible.

With the Chelsea part included I've read that as "My son wants to go to Chelsea, but City are interested in the interest of obtaining the most lucrative contract possible for my son.. At Chelsea".

adrianr said:
With the Chelsea part included I've read that as "My son wants to go to Chelsea, but City are interested in the interest of obtaining the most lucrative contract possible for my son.. At Chelsea".
That sounds about spot on if you ask me.

Falcao will be sensational in the Premiership, if Chelsea do manage to add him, and lets face it they are a little short on striking numbers at Chelsea at present, then they will be a formidable force. Personally I'd like to see us sell Dzeko for £15m or something in that region (not too much to ask, ok he has his limitations as a footballer but he scored 17 for us last season, and Fletcher just went for not too far from that). If we can manage that then that means, even if we have to pay 55m euros (approx £44m) for Falcao, he "only" costs us approx £29m in real terms, plus a percentage of his salary will be covered by the money we would have been paying Dzeko.

I say "only" as Dzeko cost just a few million less than that, Aguero £9m more, Torres a staggering £21m more, and even berbaflop a few years ago cost slightly more than that, not to mention Robinho costing £3.5m more than that.

adrianr said:
With the Chelsea part included I've read that as "My son wants to go to Chelsea, but City are interested in the interest of obtaining the most lucrative contract possible for my son..... At Chelsea".

Ha ha! So true, it's too obvious. Let Chelsea know Man City are also interested, so he can get the best deal possible.

As for the:

"Ever since he was a boy he has loved Chelsea"

I'm sure this is 100% honest and true, I mean the biggest & most high profile club in Columbia back in the early 90's was Chelsea FC, don't ya know.........hmmm!! Although when AVB moved there, he was quoted as saying something like, Chelsea were a dream club blah blah blah!

Chelsea only have Torres and Sturridge for the striker position. They were ready to send Sturrdige to Liverpool, so it's not unthinkable this could happen in Jan.

xbuddyx said:
Колобок said:
think they will eventually do a Falcao-Torres swap, if not in January then in summer.

Torres is on way too high wage for Atl Madrid i think. Anyhow Im sure every top club in the world would be bidding on him, including both Real and Barca. He is probably the best forward in the world at the moment.

I think Torres would do well at City, if Edin / Balo goes we should try and get him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.