False 9

Why does it matter?
Pep plays false nines. Not all the time but it's an important part of his repertoire. He did it at Barcelona, he did it at Bayern. He'll do it here, I'm 90% sure. Just a matter of when, and with Aguero likely suspended and Bony gone, it could be even more useful.
Yes, the "false 9" is a favorite of Pep's and is extremely valuable given that you have the right player in your side to play this position.

For me, Nasri was perfect - but he's no longer in our side.

Next up, I guess is KDB - but he's got a lot of flaws if asked to play that position - not great on beating set defenders one-on-one, not world-class at quick one-twos to defeat set defenders.

KDB is awesome - and is an excellent scoring midfielder/winger. But he's no false 9 IMO.

I think we'll go with 'Nacho in a traditional 9 role until Aguero returns.

Not can't, won't. And yes I'm perfectly fluent with the written word in our fucking language. It seems you aren't.
LOL.

You still refuse to define what a "false 9" means with citations for why your interpretation is correct. Instead, it's just troll, troll, troll from you.

In contrast to you, I've provided a site with a clear definition of the term "false 9" and have provided an analysis of our current squad and it's suitability to playing the "false 9."

From you, all I get is "troll, troll, troll."

Are you trolling for another "cake"? If so, here it is...

CAKE

LOL.

You still refuse to define what a "false 9" means with citations for why your interpretation is correct. Instead, it's just troll, troll, troll from you.

In contrast to you, I've provided a site with a clear definition of the term "false 8" and have provided an analysis of our current squad and it's suitability to playing the "false 9."

From you, all I get is "troll, troll, troll."
I thought you said you could read?? To reiterate, false 9 is a bullshit term. So why in the name of fuck would i try to define it, hey?? Especially when asked in such a condescending manner, by someone who is the epitomy of why this bullshit term has come to the forefront. An armchair analyst who's likely never kicked a ball. You and your 500 posts since 2012 can fuck right off. And you call me the troll... Ffs

A false 9 is a player that is the focal point of the attack like your traditional 9 would be, but who plays from deeper, leaving the opposition CBs with no-one to mark/not knowing who to mark. Think Totti, Messi(under pep) or even Fabregas for Spain vs Italy 2012 Euro final.
They have to be creative as well as having an eye for goal, traditionally deployed in a 4-3-3 the wide men would come in from wide and make the runs in behind that the 9 would usually make hence the need for whoever is playing the role be able to play those defence splitting passes and because they are deeper it is meant to drag defenders out of position to close them etc thus leaving space for wide men to run into.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.