Fans holding up "Please Give Me Your Shirt" placards

It's beyond pathetic. Sad wankers using a child to beg for a shirt. Welcome to modern football.

Players should donate their match shirts to charities rather than pander to some brat with a magic marker and a bit of cardboard.
That’s their choice. However, what’s wrong with a KID writing up a sign in the 1/1,000,000 chance their “hero” sees it and gives him a shirt? Especially true at an away game, where people have spent even more time and their parents money to see gazillions play!!!

Some fucking miserable OLD farts these days!

Have a Coke and a smile!
(An iconic Coke ad playing this exact topic)

I’ll get pelters for this but sod it.. the OP is one of the many many in the long list of reasons why we cannot attract new fans and why we are still miles behind even the likes of fucking spurs when it comes to selling tickets. If they want to show a banner let them show a fucking banner who are they offending? At least they bothered showing up!
You just don’t get it…

If you didn’t lose a few teeth in the post match scraps in the ginnels around Maine Rd, if you haven’t pissed back in your lager cans and then watched them tip over and flood the coach on an “Away day,” if you’ve never even claimed to have been to York Away, and at least a dozen other “real fan” tropes, then fuck off and who needs ya!

Meanwhile, City (the Club) actually thanks you for bringing your kid, home and away, buying him some food and drink at the match, buying him a program, having a “full kit wanker” as a son, and cultivating the next generation of local City support.

That’s their choice. However, what’s wrong with a KID writing up a sign in the 1/1,000,000 chance their “hero” sees it and gives him a shirt? Especially true at an away game, where people have spent even more time and their parents money to see gazillions play!!!

Have a Coke and a smile!

OK....so on Saturday v Southampton.... 20 kids (with parents) all hold up a "Hey Jack...please can I have your shirt?" placard.

Who does he give it to? And then the other 19 all post on Bluemoon saying he is he is a **** for ruining Tarquin's birthday by giving the shirt to Jeremy instead.....

OK....so on Saturday v Southampton.... 20 kids (with parents) all hold up a "Hey Jack...please can I have your shirt?" placard.

Who does he give it to? And then the other 19 all post on Bluemoon saying he is he is a **** for ruining Tarquin's birthday by giving the shirt to Jeremy instead.....
In language you might understand, you just “jumped the shark” into Crazytown, USA!

And, you’re right, some entitled little tit might say that, so I hope they never get one!

Its about wide-eyed kids and heroes, not Veruca Salt in the Willy Wonka Factory!

Have a Coke and a smile!

I'm guessing that you don't attend and haven't witnessed the shambles that goes on at the end of a match.
Needy, attention seeking 'adults' thrusting their overindulged brats towards the front in a mad dash to get a smelly, snot and sweat stained shirt, or more importantly, to be seen on TV.

It isn't the sweetness and light of the Coke advert. It's an embarrassing free for all to grab a potentially covid infused piece of material.

You just don’t get it…

If you didn’t lose a few teeth in the post match scraps in the ginnels around Maine Rd, if you haven’t pissed back in your lager cans and then watched them tip over and flood the coach on an “Away day,” if you’ve never even claimed to have been to York Away, and at least a dozen other “real fan” tropes, then fuck off and who needs ya!

Meanwhile, City (the Club) actually thanks you for bringing your kid, home and away, buying him some food and drink at the match, buying him a program, having a “full kit wanker” as a son, and cultivating the next generation of local City support.
That's it exactly, nail on head about the club trying desperately in their attempts to bring in that new support.
There is a section of our support who feel almost (without offending every fucker on here), what's the word I am looking for here, jealous maybe? envious possibly? hint of anger perhaps? you could even go as far and say bitter that this younger generation (younger in both senses, of age and supporting the club) are witnessing the clubs greatest ever success. You can hear it on match days "I was there we when were shit" "I remember those away days back in such a ground" "getting battered at such a place". Still holding onto those days, which is fine. It's like wanting to re-live your youth all over again.
But let the club grow, let this new generation come in, welcome the tourist. My word they bring more excitement into the ground than some grumpy old mard arse waiting for an excuse for something bad to happen.
It might be their only trip here this season and have forked out a full weekend in Manchester for the privilege with their family, you know just like the rest of us. The city is such a vibrant place, people from all over the world want to visit and live! Last thing they need is someone next to them giving them a look of despair because "I've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, sit down" fuck sake it's not a competition! It could ruin their whole experience and they might not want to visit again.
You know who you are out there.
Now let's crack on we have a quadruple to win!

Bring the begging placards by all means, but why are the TV cameramen so obsessed by hunting them out from a crowd and giving them televised attention, US style?

Wenger out banners - yes
Grown men angry - yes
Tottycam - yes
Happy waving fans - yeh ok
Crying kiddywinks - no!

I'm guessing that you don't attend and haven't witnessed the shambles that goes on at the end of a match.
Needy, attention seeking 'adults' thrusting their overindulged brats towards the front in a mad dash to get a smelly, snot and sweat stained shirt, or more importantly, to be seen on TV.

It isn't the sweetness and light of the Coke advert. It's an embarrassing free for all to grab a potentially covid infused piece of material.
Wrong on all counts, but I hope you feel better, you miserable old sod?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.