Fans that have been supporting City for 30+ years!!!!

Been watchin City since 1970 when I was 10 years young, first game City v W/Brom.
Never once I have ever felt like giving in with them, they haven't give me much to
shout about throughout all these years and no other team at times can let you down
like ours.
We as supporters are very special we should pat ourselves on the back for sticking
with this wonderful club through thin and thinner.
I believe our time is coming, something I never thought I would see and probs die
before I did.
I am fifty on Sunday, going to see the lads hopefully turn the scousers over and go
four points clear of them, but this is City and we all know we have plenty of time to
blow it. Either way CTID.

Taken to my first games forty years ago. Started going regularly myself with mates 35 years ago. I have seen much much worse than this. But as another poster said, I haven't seen such unattractive football being played by a team challenging for cups and sitting in the upper reaches of the league..

What we are witnessing now doesn't sit well with how we would hope and expect our team to play given the resources at our disosal and the players we can bring in, not to mention our history and tradition in this regard.

It's not just a matter of entertainment though (or lack of it), cos basically playing in this negative way is not going to win us owt, and that is the frustrating thing.

Again, not read every page of this thread here, but some people are seriously suffering from memory loss.
We have the basis of a great team. The football we have played the last couple of games has been seriously unattractive. Bearing in mind the last two games have both been v Joke [Stoke], it is 'typical City' (sorry Garry Cook but you haven't been around long enough to understand why we say this) that we will raise our game for the dippers on Sunday (which I will miss, boo hoo!).
The days of the Scousers putting ten goals past us in a week is long behind us.

(First game was home v dippers in 79. We got beat 4-0 and that didn't put me off!)

first home game was 75,vs the geordies,5-1 if i remember,stood on the kippax an adored the whole set up......went to wembley,in the tunnel end to see denis do the scissors an hey ho 81 against the ,yids great days........35 years later,? bugger all haha typical City!!!

its silly really,we know we arent in liverpools class,but im going up this weekend thinking to myself.. come on this is City,just when you think weve no chance,bang they turn it on!!!
the money has made us expect too much too soon,but i also think we just want to actually win something sooooooooo badly!!
this season is looking like any other really,lots of promise,but in the end ,not quite there.oh well never mind,onwards an upwards,the footy has been gash but its not as bad as pearceys time,an alan balls lot werent upto much either.

this is one of those times when we just hope they might actually play like we want them to!!
but being true realists as city fans are,we are prepared for the worst haha

BUT IT WONT STOP ME SUPPORTING THE BLUES.....!!!

I've been going to City since 1976. I've seen managers, players, tactics, chairmen etc that were a hundred times worse than at the moment. But until now, what was never in doubt was the supporters at our club. There seems to be a lot of whinging fuckers who expect us to win every game 10-0 (and don't give me any shite about the money, it guarantees fuck all), who because they've jumped on the bandwagon and bought a season ticket think it gives them license to slag the club off at any oppertunity, who can't be arsed turning out to cup games which are not high profile enough and when they do turn up sit there with no intention of getting behind the team. Our support is becoming an embarrasment (getting outsung by every two bob team that visit the ground) and the whole country is clicking onto it. FOR FUCK SAKE, GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!

the kippax wall said:
I've been going to City since 1976. I've seen managers, players, tactics, chairmen etc that were a hundred times worse than at the moment. But until now, what was never in doubt was the supporters at our club. There seems to be a lot of whinging fuckers who expect us to win every game 10-0 (and don't give me any shite about the money, it guarantees fuck all), who because they've jumped on the bandwagon and bought a season ticket think it gives them license to slag the club off at any oppertunity, who can't be arsed turning out to cup games which are not high profile enough and when they do turn up sit there with no intention of getting behind the team. Our support is becoming an embarrasment (getting outsung by every two bob team that visit the ground) and the whole country is clicking onto it. FOR FUCK SAKE, GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!

THIS ^^^^^

I've been going since the 4 - 0 League cup semi final home leg against Boro...guess the year!

bluemoon1078 said:
Been watching for nearly 40 and believe me they are talking shite! this is nowhere near some of the dross in times gone by.

.......and just for the record it's a few dodgy games (and we have still picked good points up) not the end of mankind as we know it.............some of the gross over reaction is laughable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although sadly not unexpected :(

Agree.... I'm 51 now and I have seen some shite over the years... How anybody can compare the current football to the shite played under the likes of Frizzell & Mcneill...

Just to remind you all... we had second rate players coming from Scotland... Duncan Davidson (sounds like he should have been a TV presenter.. maybe he was?), Gordon Dalziel, average cast offs from other clubs, Derek Parlane, Peter Bodak, Graham Baker, Jim Melrose..

The team is evolving, we are currently fourth... a win over Liverpool will see us 4pts clear of them with a game in hand...

'woods for the trees' anyone?

Been watching since '69 and no this isn't the worst football. I agree with earlier posts Parlane, Melrose(although he scored a fantastic goal from near his own half) and not forgetting the star of Scottish football Jim Tolmie. We really did have some terrible players.
Have to say that some of the best football was the opening of the season that Brian Horton was in charge. Fantastic wingplay and Der Bomber up front. It was like the 60's and 70's when we had the attitude of you might score 3 but we'll score 4.

I have been going since I was eight years old (48 now). This is not the best football I have seen at CITY(still not sussed out what we are trying to do at the moment, but having said that this is not the worst by a long long way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.