FAO Phil 'the nose' Thompson

Just watching Gillette Soccer Saturday with the three stooges on and even though they never meant to do so, they in actual fact praised City.

Nicholas "I was disappointed that City only had to play decent, they didn't play any better than decent to win"
Thompson "They had Johnson who gave Agger and Jovanovic a torrid time, they didn't give him the ball enough as he was the only one who performed excellently".
Merson "I was hoping they would have gone 4-4-2 and looked to attack, but they just blanked the midfield and dominated the middle of the park without playing that well".

The ultimate praise......apparently we were no better than "decent" on Monday and only one player really performed to the standard that you would expect (Johnson).

I am buzzing with that praise, if that was a decent performance, what hope do the rest of the league have when we play "Good" or better, and have more than 1 man performing to a high standard?.

They are that thick though, they don't realise what they were saying.

I felt proud of the lads on Monday evening, however, after listening to the 3 idiots, who tried to make it sound like we were not really that good and in a way got lucky, they actually make it sound fantastic for City, as I wonder if they can answer me the following.

"We easily beat a CL contending challenger in Liverpool 3-0 on Monday, and never really exerted ourselves more than we had to do so, in order to win the game, it was a comfortable win for City, with many top players absent from the pitch on the day, a new team still getting to know each other and who only played "decent", and nothing better than that, I just wonder what hope the other sides in the League have got when we play "Good", "Very Good", "Great" or "Superb"........there is a not a side who would be able to live with us.......Liverpool were playing to their maximum allowed on Monday and yet we had 3,4 maybe even another 5 gears to step it up if needed to, as it is, they were not needed....but what does it say for City, if they can play "decent" and with a new team, still getting to know each other and beat Liverpool 3-0?".

makes me laugh every week listening to these biased muppets, was at the match on monday and thought we were superb however I thought I might of had my blue tinted glasses on so I listened to 5 live's commentary from monday night to see if we played as well as I thought.
Robbie Savage was tipping us to win the the league both commentators were very impressed with us saying we excellent throughout the match. So in summary Thompson, Merson and Nicholas are talking out of their arses for a change.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tjnmz/b00tjnhd/5_live_Sport_Premier_League_201011_Manchester_City_v_Liverpool/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Liverpool/</a>

SSN

Unfortunately, due to Sky taking its toys away, I can no longer watch Soccer Saturday.

I was wondering if anybody saw their analysis of our match against the red dippers.

Did concord have any excuses or anything good to say about us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.