FAO The Hamburg fans posting over the last few weeks...

Yep the hamburg fans were fantastic and i truely hope they win the bundesliga and the uefa cup. Seems like both sets of fans got on really well and i'd like to see them back as our guests for a pre-season game. Loved the 'These Colours Don't Run' flag aswell. Ahhhhh just wish i could say all this on the back of a win! never mind

Come on City!!

Best of luck to Hamburg - really hope they now go on and win it - their fans deserve the success

Assuming that our opponents for the "Thomas Cook / Etihad trophy" have yet to be decided, it would be nice if we played Hamburg.

This thread has really warmed my cockles. Hamburg fans were top class. Best of luck to them. Here's to Hamburg stuffing Bremen and winning the UEFA and hopefully the Bundesliga too. I'll be keeping a look out for them from now on. They've really won me over.

Could someone explain the "these colours don't run" flag to a foreigner like myself? I know what the saying means and all that, but beyond that I've been unable to connect the dots. After all English isn't my first language anyway. :)

It's basically a play on the washing instruction found on clothes. Used by 80's football casuals, and hooligan firms to say, no matter how many hooligans you bring, we will never run. I thought the Germans were fantastic on Thursday, but they are well and truly stuck in the 80's in terms of dress sense, music tastes. hairstlyes, and banners!!!

HSV1887 said:
Colin_Bell said:
MKBlue and I got a cab from Piccadilly with a couple of there fans and they were good lads but rather upset the Police had taken there beer.

They knew about this site as asked us are we from from The Bluemoon Forum !!

They honestly expected to go out last as there away form is also shocking - There season has mirrored ours in many ways as did most of there supporters we met.

Hope they go on to win it.

Hi,

thats funny, we shared the cab with you. Thanks for the nice time, and we was not longer disappointed, that the police catched our closed beere....:-) We lost you in the pub at the stadium, as we met the friend from Sheffield.

Very nice atmosphere in and out of the stadium, great game, we hope we see you soon. The party ends with some cityfans and many songs (where is my voice) in a little Karaokebar near the bar yates. We leaved the city too early at 2.am, because the last check-in to the flight back was at 2.3o am.

thanks and good luck

Hello again - was good to meet you and enjoyed your company and banter - We gave up trying to get a beer in the end and made our way to the ground after MKBlue had his 5th burger of the day !!!

I hope you go on to lift the cup

Best Regards

It was quite an important win for us today, as we have had big problems beating Hannover in the last years. Petric scored twice today ( please don't tell it to your sheikh ;-)), a nice volley with his left foot after just 62 seconds and an easy one in the 52nd minute after a good effort of Guerrero.

Then the referee probably thought that the game needed a little bit more suspense by awarding a quite controversial penalty to Hannover and by declining a regular goal of Pitroipa because his linesman said it was offside.

Anyhow, in the end we got the 3 points and that's it...

Here's a short summary of the game for anyone who's interested.

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/hamburger/hannover/3653

Your game today was quite successful as well. Nice one. And Robinho finally scored a goal in 2009. I'm kind of glad that he waited some days and didn't do it against us. ;-)

And as I guess you guys are quite satisfied with Evertons result in the FA Cup today...?!? ;-)

Is it normal that both clubs play a home game on the same day ? I can't remember that this has ever happened in Hamburg due to security reasons.

Good night folks !

Chris 1887 said:
It was quite an important win for us today, as we have had big problems beating Hannover in the last years. Petric scored twice today, a nice volley with his left foot after just 62 seconds and an easy one in the 52nd minute after a good effort of Guerrero.

Then the referee probably thought that the game needed a little bit more suspense by awarding a quite controversial penalty to Hannover and by declining a regular goal of Pitroipa because his linesman said it was offside.

Anyhow, in the end we got the 3 points and that's it...

Here's a short summary of the game for anyone who's interested.

http://www.allfootballgoals.com/games/hamburger/hannover/3653

Your game today was quite successful as well. Nice one. And Robinho finally scored a goal in 2009. I'm kind of glad that he waited some days and didn't do it against us. ;-)

And as I guess you guys are quite satisfied with Evertons result in the FA Cup today...?!? ;-)

Is it normal that both clubs play a home game on the same day ? I can't remember that this has ever happened in Hamburg due to security reasons.

Good night folks !
if you are talking about rags vs Everton, it was at Wembley (in London) and no, the fixtures are arranged so we don't play at home on the same day, due to policing etc. There have been occasions in the past when we have both been drawn at home in a cup competitions, but we very rarely play at home on the same day, like you said for security reasons :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.