FAO The Hamburg fans posting over the last few weeks...

Just a thought - what would the atmosphere have been like if ALL the City fans had been singing?

Chris 1887 said:
moonies lovechild said:
Had a great day yesterday. Went with honkytonkman and a few others into Shambles where the atmosphere was unbelievable. Started talking to a couple of German lads (Chris and Lause (sic)) who were excellent and thank God their English was so good otherwise we wouldn't have got along. They were saying how great the City fans are and how they love Manchester. One of Chris's lot fell over (pissed) and knocked a few beers and Chris gave him the mother of all bollockings and later explained his friend was embarrassing and he should not get so drunk when he is a guest in another Country.
Me and honkytonkman took them both into Mary D's where every Blue was excellent with them (except one in the bog who started singing about Hitler - but there is always one). Lause went outside for a ciggie and was gone for about 15 mins and (feeling responsible for him) went looking for him but couldn't find him. 10 mins later he turns up saying he was outside singing City songs - he absolutely loved it. Chris even started a chant of Invisible Man which he says he is taking back to Hamburg.
Apart from the result it was one of the best days out I have ever had following City and undoubtedly now Hamburg will always be my second team.

Hey moonies lovechild,

this is Chris from Hamburg. As you were mentioning this "Invisible Man" song I was 100 % sure that you were talking about me an my friend Lasse ( it' not Lause ;-) ). I was singing the song at the airport and on the plane and eyerybody was like "What does that one mean ??? Where did you get it from ?".

Very catchy song, nice one.

I just registered here in order to thank you guys for the great day we had in Manchester on Thursday. The atmosphere at Shambles was excellent. Although it was a really important game for both of our clubs there was no hatred or aggression on neither side. Just a peaceful football party with lots of singing and drinking together. That's the way it should be all the time. I had an argument with the other German fella not becauce of his spilling beer. That can always happen. I will not say what he did, but as you said before - there is always one. ;-)

Also thanks for taking Lasse and me to your pub at the ground ( Mary D's ?? ). At first I was not really sure if this really was a good idea - 2 Hamburgians within 300 City fans. But again there was not the slightest problem. Unforgetable experience.

I talked to many Hamburg fans after the game. I can assure you that we all had a great time and that the City fans really won our favour.

The atmosphere at the stadium was also impressive, from both sides in my opinion. Over here you read and hear a lot about the English stands in the stadiums being "dead". On Thursday you proved that at least for the City of Manchester stadium it's the exact opposite. We couldn't believe our ears after the 2:1.

Well, concerning both games in total, I guess that we deserve to be in the semi-finals.

Now we will face our special friends Werder Bremen four times within 19 days. On April 22nd we play them in the semi-final of the national cup at home, then we have the Uefa Cup ties on April 30th ( away ) and May 7th ( home ) and travel to Bremen in the league on May 10th. Absolute heart attack games.

For us these games against Bremen are like games against Man United for you. We hate them, they hate us. Period !

As our local rival FC St.Pauli is just in the 2nd divison and we haven't played against them for years, it's Bremen ( about 100 kilometres away from Hamburg ) who we dislike the most. The best things about Bremen are Becks beer and the highway to Hamburg ! ;-)

Best regards from Hamburg and good luck against West Brom tomorrow.

Greetings from Lasse too. He thanks you as well and he will register here tomorrow after returning from his trip to Cologne with his girl friend.

Chris

Sent you a PM mate

thanks to all the hamburg fans who explained the colour thing to me. i remember the 60's when i had a german mate from hamburg who sent me some top football cards. better than anything we had in england. always remember uwe seeler in white shirts and red shorts. this must have been just after the start of the bundesliga 'cos bayern weren't even in it. tsv 1860 munchen were the top team there then. sky blue and white as well. and alemmania aachen who you don't hear of any more. oh yeah and borussia neunkirchen i think it was. no bayern hertha wolfsburg etc. but i guess looking at the english top division in those days would provide some forgotten names as well. thanks again and just to echo what everone else has said about your great fans. it was a pleasure having you and i hope you go on to have more success.

me again, back from sleep.

I have read all the positive postings now, so what to add? The brilliant shambles? The wunderful atmosphere at CMOS? The hospitality in the pubs? You already know, as you were there... ;)
So i keep it short and say "Thank you" again. Thanks for an unforgettable tie with two brilliant nights and for a friendly atmosphere, which allready started some weeks ago here on Bluemoon forum. I felt always welcome.

And yes, i confess: i have been a little sceptic at the beginning. It was because of a lot of press releases in connection with the changes in your club ownership. But very soon you guys showed me better. Great character here. Now keep it, keep the passion for football and keep the love for your club in your hearts.
And be aware of rags who change the shirt after a Glazer ruin. Cannot see that such people suits you.

A lot said they want to have a look at Hamburg in the future. In addition to Matts post, i'd like to recommend the Site of our UK-based supporters club, http://www.hsv-uk.co.uk/ You may want to subscribe to their newsletter.

cheeseburger said:
me again, back from sleep.

I have read all the positive postings now, so what to add? The brilliant shambles? The wunderful atmosphere at CMOS? The hospitality in the pubs? You already know, as you were there... ;)
So i keep it short and say "Thank you" again. Thanks for an unforgettable tie with two brilliant nights and for a friendly atmosphere, which allready started some weeks ago here on Bluemoon forum. I felt always welcome.

And yes, i confess: i have been a little sceptic at the beginning. It was because of a lot of press releases in connection with the changes in your club ownership. But very soon you guys showed me better. Great character here. Now keep it, keep the passion for football and keep the love for your club in your hearts.
And be aware of rags who change the shirt after a Glazer ruin. Cannot see that such people suits you.

A lot said they want to have a look at Hamburg in the future. In addition to Matts post, i'd like to recommend the Site of our UK-based supporters club, http://www.hsv-uk.co.uk/ You may want to subscribe to their newsletter.
glad you enjoyed it, hopefully city and hamburg fans will have some sort of connection from now on

Stood in section 111, did anyone else notice how unsafe the front section of the away fans stand looked as they bounced up and down.
Well done blues on and off the pitch, lots of good words said to me over the past few days by the " good Yorkshire folk " over here. Lets try and keep it going to the end of the season and beyond. COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!

mancyman said:
this must have been just after the start of the bundesliga 'cos bayern weren't even in it. tsv 1860 munchen were the top team there then. sky blue and white as well. and alemmania aachen who you don't hear of any more. oh yeah and borussia neunkirchen i think it was. no bayern hertha wolfsburg etc. but i guess looking at the english top division in those days would provide some forgotten names as well.

yes, Borussia Neunkirchen stopped Bayern in the relegation 1964. Best thing they´ve done for german football! (a fifth division side today). Alemannia Aachen is still a decent 2. Bundesliga side, while 1860 ruined its reputation over the years. quite right, you really don´t forget teams from childhood days, national and international

i posted this in my drunken state at 1.18 am on the friday after the game. i still stand by it

I would just personally like to thank the hamburg fans for their contribution to the fine atmosphere at tonights game and to wish them the best of luck in the next round. I also feel that the one major plus to come out of our european campaign is that our fans reputation has been enhanced by our behaviour both home and away. thank you everyone.
i hope that we can continue an association with hamburg as i feel that they in many wys are our equivalent in germany (apart from league position obviously)

I couldn't make it to England for the game, plus I don't think I'm loyal enough anyway, but it seemed like a fantastic match and I wish I could have been there. Obviously gutted about not going through, especially since we were pretty much a bar and a post from making it. Also I saw Caicedo's open net chance again just now and couldn't believe it. He probably feels worse than I do about it though.

Anyway, all the fans seemed fantastic and best of luck to Hamburg. At the moment I defo think you've got what it takes to beat Bremen over two legs, and I'll be watching and cheering for you and hope you win the whole thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.