UK far right trouble July/August 24

Not that old one! Have you ever thought it may have something to do with the massive black economy/modern day slavery that exists here that people with no papers can disappear into?
It's a lot tougher to disappear into the black economy in those other safe countries as almost every European country has ID cards: something the libertarian far-right wailed about almost two decades ago when the then Labour Government were pushing the idea, as it would have impinged upon their freedoms and rights.
Who are libertarian far-right?

Quite possible. If they cannot come via a "safe" route that is another question altogether, but if they are fleeing for their own safety and lives then they should apply in the first safe country they arrive in,,, shouldn't they? The fact they don't does not help them.
They DO stay in the first safe countries. Those countries can't cope with them all. A lot move on to France and the Uk. More settle in France.

The 'first safe country' argument isn't a genuine one. Asylum seekers can claim asylum in any country they want.

Correct - these are people who have been forced to leave their country, often under horrendous circumstances. There's no "process" for that. An Afghan who is sat there figuring out how to piece his life back together would be well within his rights to think "My uncle used to work with the British armed forces when they were here, so that's where I'll go, maybe they can help me". This is a perfectly logical action to take.

They go to the places where they have some form of connection to find help... and for the vast majority of asylum seekers that is NOT the UK, contrary to popular belief. We take very few.

Edit: Thought I'd add as somebody else has rightly mentioned, many of these people are actually trafficked here with absolutely zero choice in the matter.

Correct - these are people who have been forced to leave their country, often under horrendous circumstances. There's no "process" for that. An Afghan who is sat there figuring out how to piece his life back together would be well within his rights to think "My uncle used to work with the British armed forces when they were here, so that's where I'll go, maybe they can help me". This is a perfectly logical action to take.

They go to the places where they have some form of connection to find help... and for the vast majority of asylum seekers that is NOT the UK, contrary to popular belief. We take very few.

Edit: Thought I'd add as somebody else has rightly mentioned, many of these people are actually trafficked here with absolutely zero choice in the matter.
...and imagine that Afghan lad just arriving here this week.. to this? Shameful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.